Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Power jack/lighter socket thingo

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by Macca1983, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Not the most technically adept bloke here. I think I'm gona try and install a lighter socket in the boot of my across tomorrow after i left my iPhone on in the boot while riding for a few hours to find dead iPhone. I know this isn't a major mod but for me this would be a pretty good achievement if i do it right.

Or I could just riding all day???

2. Good luck, I have done one on my bike, they are very handy. Suggestions;
    1. Get a waterproof socket from BCF or any other marine store
    2. wire it using a spst relay so it gets power from the battery but will only be on when tail lights/headlights/accesories are on
  3. WellI went the quick easy war wired straight into the battery. I may have another go and put a relay on it at a later date if I can be assed. works a treat.

Attached Files:

4. But you have a fuse in the power lead don't you? Dick Smith has plenty of inline fuse holders that take the same plug-in fuse as the bike (assuming your Across uses these). Choose a fuse suitable for the device to be plugged in and all should be sweet. My CB1300's set up is also straight off the battery but is fused to protect what's plugged into it.