Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Power Commander

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by kwaka J, Aug 20, 2006.

1. I have just put a "Two Brothers Racing" slip on exhaust on my 2005 zx10r, can anyone tell me if I need to do any special tuning or do I need a power commander? It's seems to run fine without any adjustments.

2. ok first of all welome to the sight. Now the modern ECU can adjust with the change of a muffler only and also with a filter change. You will find out soon enough if its overfuelling. When you give it a decent handful and back off quickly does it blow black smoke or havea serious backfire? If not you should be ok. If you do your air filters then a PC111 is great to get it really fined tuned.
  3. No black smoke and no back firing, although I havn't really wound it out yet, I only installed it a couple of hours ago. Excuse my ignorance, what's an ECU?
  4. Engine Control Unit = fancy name for the "computer" in your bike
  5. Mate give it a couple of real good revs and hold it for a second or two. This will soon overfuel if its going to and then backfire and fart and carry on..