Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Power commander question? few quick questions.

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by gxiang, Jan 13, 2009.

1. Hi guys new to bike tuning thought i would ask before i get myself into some trouble.

im about to purchase a bike with a aftermarket full exhaust (header/muffler)and i believe it is tuned with a PC

now i need to get RWC so i guess i need to put the stock back on.

my question are :

1, will the stock exhaust setup stuff up my bike in any way for daily riding while the PC is still in?

2, is YES to the above question, can i unplug the PC and will my bike be running back to stock tune again??

3, if i plug the after market exhaust back in, will the PC remain in the same tune map setup as before or do i need a retune ??

4, if i install the same PC and same aftermarket exhaust onto another bike (same model, year etc as mine) will the tune map stay the same and no tune would be required??

cheers guys, really new to this so hopefully someone can answer my questions

2. 1. NO.
    2. YES.
    3. YES, NO.
    4. YES, most likely need to retune for the second bike regardless of how similar they appear.
  3. great!!

thanks for the quick response. awesome