Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Power Commander Maps...

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by zxparker, Mar 23, 2008.

1. Hey all,

I am about to change the exhaust on my ZX6. I had a Yoshi on the bike and hated the sound and the look of the thing so I sold it and ordered a Akrapovic. I will be fitting it next week. I would have got the Akra to start with but the Yoshi came with the bike in a deal that also included a air filter, and power commander and a dyno run.

I dont think that the dyno run was all that extensive given the bike only had 150km on it when delivered to me from Syd.

My question is about the need to have the bike re mapped now? I know that there will be a difference between the back pressure on the two pipes, but can anyone tell me about how this will change the performance of the bike?

I know that there are maps available on the dynojet website, but some people have told me that these are for the US bikes and can be quite different given the difference in fuel quality and things. There are also European maps available and I think that these would be closer to the bikes that we get in regards to the emission standards and things... Any comment?

Has anyone out there used one of these maps that are downloadable? If so how did it go?

I am just trying to avoid the extra $250 for the dyno mapping...

The other issue is that I have re geared the bike as well, changing both the front and the rear sprockets. Will this affect the mapping as well?

Thanks as usual! You guys are so helpful with this stuff!

If anyone knows a reliable place to get the mapping done then let me know as well if thats what I need to do.
  2. dyno at 150 klms that doesnt sound good.

I'd pay the extra and get a custom map.
  3. Sprockets will have no bearing on the maps.
    Have used Dynojets map(Euro version) for a while, bike ran well.
    Dynojets recomendation for Australian bikes was to use Euro maps.
    Managed to get an Australian produced map and this felt better.
    Have a look on some Kawasaki web sites and see if you can get a localy produced map.
    I'm contemplating getting a map done for my bike some time in the future, but the map I have now feels so good it's hard to imagine getting much of a gain from custom mapping.