Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Potential downgrade?

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by Whiteyy, Mar 11, 2013.

1. So I've come to the realisation that I may be punching above my weight with the SXV. It's crazy fast and I feel as though It's only a matter of time before I hurt myself on it. So I think I've got two options here

- Eat some cement and deal with it and hopefully grow into it
    - Downgrade and build up my skills at the risk of boring myself with a slower bike

I was thinking of getting something like a mint condition RVF400, something that has some go and can handle but won't scare the shit out of me If I give it too much throttle. Also something that won't overheat in two minutes at a red light. What do you think?

2. No bike is faster than your inputs.

That said it's your safety and comfort so pretty much do what you feel will help you enjoy the ride better
  3. Yes !!! Rvf !!! I rode gpx's n zzr's n cbx's n some trail bikes...nothing compares to the Zxr...and the Rvf is the same style of bike just bigger capacity ...if your not restricted I'd go for the Vfr 400 tho
  4. Why not save a bunch of money and time and keep the bike you've got and get some more training?
    Don't talk yourself into a crash.
  5. +1 to training. what have you done so far. At least do the HART Advanced 1 course.
  6. I had one of those SXV's, damn they are hard to ride, and I had many big bikes by that time. They are just mental. I found it harder to ride in town than my R1 by a lot. The front just won't stay down, including mid corner.

But damn it was fun. Out of traffic.

If you havent had a lot of dirt experience it is not the bike for on restrictions. Trade it. Its not a matter of getting a advanced course for this one.