Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Potential Bike for Me

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by Roar2Life, Dec 21, 2006.

1. Hey guys/gals. Been looking at second hand bikes on the net and i've come across this one:

It's well within my price range, I like the colour and was wondering just by looking at it and reading the info if anyone can point out things that may make it not worth it's price. As most of you know i'm restricted to a 250cc and it's going to be used for commuting. I'm 175cm/5'9" and i've been told I shouldn't have a problem with this bike regarding my height. Can I have some comments please from anyone who's had this bike or just has something to say.

2. on paper looks like good bike.... gotta do the usual inspection of course.. .check for wear and tear/ oil leaks etc... and of course take her for a spin :) i have same year zzr... only payed a littel more for it 9 months ago with a few less k's... so price looks good from what i remember when was hunting around..... and also if thinking of price too high or low... try http://www.bikesales.com.au/tools/doval.do?makeID=42&modelID=875&releaseYear=2001&bikeRefID=4194

should be able to talk them down a lil ;)
  3. I suggest you go check out some bikes from dealers. sit on as many as you can to narrow your choices down to a few bikes. and start looking at the classifieds from there. being 175cm tall you shouldn't have any problems with that bike's size nor most 250 bikes for that matter. but you may not like the riding position or the way the red doesn't bring out the best in your eyes. :p

But seriously get your bum on as many bikes as you can and bring someone who can hold the bike up while you sit on it with your feet up. Always ask before hopping on ;)