Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Postie detent arm replacement

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Jorgyboy, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Hey guys I need your help with replacing a detent arm in my postie ct110
    It's been slipping out of gear and making a clicking sound when I change gear so I did a bit of research and I'm almost certain the detent arm needs replacing
    I'm not the best Mechenic but I always give stuff a go
    Now I've taken off the clutch cover and bought the right tool to remove the clutch I called up the local postie bike Mechenic on the gold coast here and he said I also need a seal and gasket?
    But then again he also said it will cost me $900 to fix and I'm sick of him ripping me off so I've decided to give it a go myself
    If anyone has any pictures or diagrams or just a step by step on how to do this it would be a lot of help
    Also when I removed the clutch cover 4 parts fell out and I have no idea what they are or which order they go back in one was a triangle shape with ball bearings in it the other was a ball bearing washer thing and the other two parts look a bit like hexagon shapes

Please guys I need help
    If I had pictures id be able to do it thanks :)

2. A tech question like this is probably best posted in the Tech forum - more likely to get noticed.
    Here is usually used for intros before you head out to the other forums - where you are from, what brought you here etc.

So, welcome to NR!