Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Post your setup

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by Mikey213, Mar 18, 2012.

1. nvm

delete thread.

2. and what are your passwords?

3. i7 something 15" Mac book pro from early last year (late year before?).
    I don't care how it works, only that it works how I want it to every single time.

4. My setup is composed of hand-me-downs ... old iMac, old macbook pro, old iPhone and I'm about to score an old iPad.

It's great having relatives that must have the latest of everything.

5. Setup? I tend to take corners wide (and off the brakes, nuetral throttle, body weight shifted... are we talking about corner set ups? Oh looks like I got that wrong.

Computer setups? I have a tired duo core 15" lappy without enough RAM and an Optus cable internet connection. Sexy setup isnt it? :)

6. I find briefs give far better support than boxers. At least for my 'setup'

7. I do left glove first, then right glove, put my helmet on and check my nodding technique, left leg over first then start it

8. Left leg first? you monster...

Also, two 22" monitors, logitech G15 keyboard, Razer Tron mouse, GTX480, Q6600, 2.5tb on HDDs, 64gb SSD for OS

9. commodore 64 ....with floppy disks..im gangsta like that.
    364-floppy-disk-gangsta-way-of-storing-dem-filez.

10. I like to start with the classic "Did you hear the one about..."

11. Well it was a computer setup thread.. but the other thread wasn't as popular as other forums. so

i deleted my pics but..

acer aspire x3990 Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium - Intel® Core™ i3 processor 2100 (3.1GHz, 3MB L2 cache, 1333MHz FS8) - 4GB DDR3 Dual Channel (2 x 2G8) - 1TB SATA Hard Drive - DVD Super Multi Drive - Multi-in-1 Card Reader - TV Tuner -
    dual 22" samsung monitors..
    logitech speakers/keyboard mouse,
    500 gig external hard drive.

12. Maybe we are try hard Nerdriders after all?

13. I got sick of being tied to my noisy Desktop, and having cr@p spread around 3 or so computers, so I bought myself a laptop worthy of desktop replacement. A HP Pavilion dv7. 17 inch, 1920 resolution screen with some sort of video card, 2 750 gig internal hard drives, I think it has 8 gig of RAM, i7 processor, USB 3 with super speed, beats audio with some type of subwoofer I think, and a Blue Ray burner. I f#cking love it. I can watch TV, watch movies, surf the net anywhere it's comfortable, it processes my 25MB DSLR photos in the blink of an eye, and handles any of my work stuff with ease.
    I plug in the 24 inch 1920 res monitor from my desktop if I ever feel I need some more screen real estate.
    Another thing worth its weight in gold is the wireless network printer/scanner I picked up a few months ago. Hp again. Also has e-print, so can email anything you want printed from anywhere you can send an e-mail. F#cking brilliant. I'm pretty happy with the current arrangement, and I suspect it will last me a few years yet :)

14. Well for gaming there's just no substitute for a good desktop, though I do find myself missing my old laptop. It's still lying around somewhere, but the inverter burnt out and I can't be bothered replacing it. Thing's ancient by now anyway

15. Geek hat on ;)

I run two systems (desktop & laptop). The desktop...

• Intel Core i7 930 D0 @4.4GHz (Batch #3005F577)
    • Cooled by a Thermalright True Black Ultra-120 Extreme with 2 x Noctura NF-P12 fans (in push-pull configuration)
    • MSI Eclipse SLI motherboard (BIOS 1.F)
    • Corsair TR3X6G1600C7 RAM - 6GB in triple-channel mode (Timings: 7-7-7-17-1T)
    • 2 x MSI Military edition GTX 295 (Quad SLi) with an extra 120mm fan mounted above the cards for additional cooling
    • Corsair X128 SSD (OS partition)
    • Seagate 500GB & 1TB SATA II H/disks
    • Pioneer DVD/RW SATA II drive
    • Dell UltraSharp U2412M 24” LED monitor @1920x1200
    • Logitech G19 keyboard
    • Microsoft Laser 6000 mouse
    • Creative Labs X-fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro & Yamaha TSS-1 amp (5.1 digital/optical)
    • Lian-Li Armoursuit PC-P60 black computer case
    • Antec Quattro 1000W PSU (via APC UPS)
    • Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1

Oh, the laptop is a HP 15" running Win 7 Home Premium 64-bit with an i7 processor that I got cheap last year at OfficeWorks. I do have another desktop machine for a backup purposes. It was water cooled (including the GFX card) but I pulled that crap out a couple of years ago when I built the above machine. Anyway, the duck's guts are as follows:

• AMD Athlon FX60 @3.06GHz
    • DFI LanParty UT NF4 eXpert motherboard (BIOS 11/02) - the best NF4 board ever made!
    • Corsair TWINX2048-3500LL PRO RAM - 2GB in dual-channel mode (Timings: 2.5-3-2-6-1T)
    • Seagate 250GB (OS partition) & 500GB PATA H/disks
    • 2 x Sony DVD/RW PATA drives
    • XFX GTX 260
    • Creative Labs X-fi XtremeMusic
    • Lian-Li Armoursuit PC-P61 USB black computer case
    • Silverstone "Strider" ST60F 600W PSU
    • Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit SP3

16. Two desktops, one laptop, a couple of standbys...
    I made sure the wife got the big fast one, so there's no argument about how come I get to spend shiploads on a computer but she's not worthy. Besides, unless I'm doing stuff that needs big hardware, I prefer to be a linux user, which kinda sucks if you're also a gamer.
    Anyway.

Wife:
    i7 2600K
    16Gb ram
    120 GB Vertex3 SSD
    2 TB HDD
    nVidia GeForce GTX580 (just one)
    twin Asus 22' (I think) monitors.
    Great big lump of thermaltake case, fugly but very functional. Some neon bling...

Self:
    i7 2500K
    4 GB ram
    120 GB Vertex3 SSD
    1 TB HDD
    Asus P8Z68-Mpro MB.
    nVidia GTX560 Ti
    single 19" Acer monitor

Std intel coolers, std clock-speeds, Dog knows what memory timings. I haven't even tried to ramp these babies up - they do everything we need at std clocks and default timings.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

What I should'a said...

ZX14 - 2009 build year.

Stock as.

Self: About 70kg naked. Wife about 100kg naked.

Front Preload ++ to one ring showing.
    Front Compression +1 click over stock.
    Front Rebound +2 clicks over stock.

Rear Preload increased by about 6 ~ 8mm on the shock body. Held upright but unladen, the bike sits almost topped out. (Unloaded static sag = 2mm aprox.)
    Loaded Static sag - unknown. I'd guess it's about 15 ~ 20mm. That's where I think I want it to be, anyway.
    (NB: If I only ever rode the bike solo, it'd be a bit softer in the back, but I need to compromise between road and sport and 2-up, and the wife weighs about 100kg - so it needs to be a bit ... firm. Besides, it steers better when it's high at the back.)
    Rear Compression = +2.
    Rear Rebound = +2.

Front tyre = Metz M5 - 42psi cold.
    Rear Tyre = Metz Z8 190/55 - 42 psi cold. (std = 190/50 or 200/50)

If I know I'm going to go a bit postal, I might knock the front comp up to 2 clicks. It does improve overall stability, especially at higher speeds, at the expense of ride comfort. Overall front end grip seems a little better at 1 click, so ... 'What seems to be the larger problem - front end grip or overall stability and composure?'
    and : or
    'How sore are my wrists getting?'

17. I have a laptop. Toshiba. quad somthin. sixteen sheep of somthing else and everything I have plugs into it even the telly cable so i can record :)
    but the thing I love the mostest is the keys light up. Like at night .... naked...awwwwwwwww

18. wife, 2 kids, 2 cars, 1 bike, fender mustang, vox continental, 2 leslies, wurlitzer EP and a job.