Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Post your current top 3 favourite songs

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Ktulu, May 5, 2008.

1. #1 Ktulu, May 5, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
    Because I'm curious, wish to share with you, and I'm bored.

... and even though all you buggers are asleep in bed, I'll chuck it up anyway so you have something to do at work tomorrow.

n-oYMsoCc1g[/media]]Ween - Buckingham Green [live in Chicago]
    A friend of mine has the DVD this song appears on, and it's their opening track. Friggin' epic; if I'd watched this beforehand I would have gone to their live gig.

YMLyDqoyfp4[/media]]Opeth - Porcelain Heart
    The album this track comes off isn't even released yet - leaked a month early onto teh intarwebs. Band reportedly pissed off about it; but this song is a gorgeous mix of groove & metal and I love it.

dzh8j2qF-WY[/media]]Pantera - Revolution is my Name
    An oldy but a goody. Classic film-clip too. I wonder where that kid is now...
    If you've ever called yourself a "rocker" or a "metal-head" but haven't heard this and loved it; the universe has neglected you.
  2. #2 Toefa, May 5, 2008
    Revolution is my name is a great song, particularly the cowbell bridge part @ 3minutes 2 seconds... awesome.

Here's my fav's for the moment (i'll get youtube links later)

Number 1:

Nowhere Fast - By Incubus (From their Make Yourself album)

Number 2:

Confessions of Hatred - Sevendust

Number 3:

One Weak - Deftones

They are my favourites as i type, but give me three beers and i will tell you any song that is playing out of my stereo is my favourite, and then proceed to tell you why in great detail.
  3. Not my 3 x favourite songs, but the three that are on high rotation at the moment:

Animal - Pearl Jam

Fake Plastic Trees - Radiohead

Warzone - Slayer
  4. Most people I know (think i am crazy)...Thorpey

Most people I know (think i am crazy)...Thorpey

Most people I know (think i am crazy)...Thorpey :LOL:
  5. ive got:

the presets - Anywhere (apocolypto) stuck in my head so much so that i cant think of any others atm.

been a fan of theese guys since seing them 3 or 4 years ago at falls. they have taken off big now and are still putting out some good shit
  6. How do you pick a top 3?? It's so hard!

So some that might often rotate to those spots will include:

The Rain Song - Led Zeppelin
    Actually - Led Zeppelin anything is good....

A Little Closer - Motor Ace
    Support Australian music!

Let Go - Frou Frou
    (For those of you who don't know - it's on the film Garden State where he goes back down the escalator at the end)

As an aside - Do people listen to albums any more or is it just the shuffle button on the ipod these days?
  7. Smoke on the Water - Deep Purple - my daughter is learning to play it

The Right Stuff - NKOTB - they're back!!!! And now it's cool to admit you like them!

Big Girl (you are beautiful) - Mika - I haven't watched the film clip yet, MickyV9 suggested it be avoided - but I love the song!!
  8. At the moment, anything by Electric Six :tantrum:
  9. My favourite topic, but it's so hard for me to only pick three :shock:

Lately I've been wanting to shout the lyrics at so many people
    Megalomaniac by Incubus

Awesome music off every album... especially S.C.I.E.N.C.E
    Most talented band by far!!
    I love Incubus.

Bender by Sevendust [featuring Chino Moreno]
    Ahhh, can it get better? Chino and Sevendust. Actually, this could have been better if I was there watching them record this ;)

7words by Deftones
    Always been a favourite

BUT in saying all this, everytime I listen to a different song from any of the above bands I think it's my favourite, they're all too good.

Thank you God for goooooood music :p

Sorry, I can't get on Youtube atm to post the links
  10. 3, i can't restrict myself to just 3.

Anything by Queen, Audioslave, Cat Empire, Led Zep, Floyd, Rainbow or The Giants.

And of course Radar Love

11. "How do you solve a problem like Maria?" Oh yeah!

"Little Boxes (in a row)" - Pete Guthrie

"Suzanne" - Leonard Cohen

12. These arn't songs as such. Probably more like tunes.

Desmo Edici by Duke Ati

An italian classic in my opinion. Nothing like the beautiful tembre as it reaches the higher notes and especially love the reverberations as it slows. I first heard it played at a cafe in Ligon street and wanted it immediately.

The sound of webers by Ari Vatanan.

Not a well known piece but lovers of BDA know this one. Sounded fantastic when played in the open air performances especially forest country sides where it echoes. I first heard this while in the Alpine regions by two australian performers in a place called the "clear spot".

Top fuel by Terry Sainty

Only a short piece but very powerful. Sends vibrations right through you when played loud. I think you have to experience this one at least once in your life.
  13. #13 matti-san, May 5, 2008
  14. #14 The Snow Dog, May 5, 2008
  15. Check out the Maxwell/Mosher version.
  16. Ha ha I have only an ipod shuffle, but I tend to but whole albums on there.
    Love riding to Radiohead - Amnesiac, Tool - Aenima, Muse - Black Holes and Revelations.

back to topic at hand...

in no particular order;
    Neil Young - Only Love Can Break Your Heart
    Sonic Youth - Teen Age Riot
    The Kills - The Good Ones
  17. #17 Matt GO!!!!!!!, May 6, 2008
  18. #18 jd, May 6, 2008
    Hooray, someone finally posted some decent songs :p :LOL:.

So hard to choose just 3. I guess the ones that have been stuck in my head the most for the last week or so though would have to be:

1. Saosin - You're Not Alone

2. Sunny Day Real Estate - Seven

3. Finch - Ink
  19. Sure. Decent albums are structured in such a way as the 'whole is more than the some of its parts'. Plus I'm more than a little partial to the odd concept album. :p
  20. I think her point is that there are so many kids these days that just download the latest song and bypass the whole album experience, which is a real shame. I totally agree with you SNow DOg.