Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Post Tyre Fix Cleanup

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' at netrider.net.au started by WiErD, Nov 14, 2005.

1. So on Saturday on the Walhalla Trip i had a flat and used the Tyre Weld Pressure Can.

(foam in a can type stuff)

now the foam crap is all under the wheel arch, the frame and basically anywhere it can fit that my fingers cant.

anyone know an easy way to get this off.

i have my rear out at the moment and its on the stand. (getting new tyre put on)

but if anyone has some suggestions to get this gunk out..

short of turning the bike upside down and scrubbing like you used to do to the bmx.. i think it would need to be a spray/degreaser as its on a stand.

2. I myself tend to avoid the use of degreaser. Don't really like what it can do to paint/rubber/your lungs etc. I use plain old kerosene on a rag/paintbrush/toothbrush. Rinse off with water then wash with a good automotive detergent/car wash. Don't know if it will work on tyre foam but seems to work well on tar, chain lube, grease, oil etc. Worth a shot.

3. [/quote]i have my rear out at the moment and its on the stand. [/quote]

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Sorry, couldn't let that one go by :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

4. well what would you call it?

your rubber?

5. he,he, seriously though, you could try a half dozen pipe cleaners twisted together (careful of the wire tips though) and dipped in eucalyptus oil...don't know what else to suggest, sorry.

6. looks like the only way it really comes off is via friction.

pain in the ass to get off..

what i mean by friction is rubbing with a rag or your fingers etc
    its alot of work ;(

7. I just got a can of this stuff.

But im confused how did it get in the frame ect ?

8. it seems to leak out the puncture hole before setting and centrafugal force did the rest

9. AAHHH ,ok, got ya.. must of been a big hole .

Did it do its job this stuff and pump the tyre ,right up?.
    Sorry to ask these questions on your thread ,but it might help me and someone else out while on the subject.

Cheers.

10. yup worked great, got me about 100K's prolly would get me further if i wanted..