Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Post 2002 VFR 800

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by Fidelio, Oct 17, 2004.

1. I'm pretty sure I asked this before but I can't remember if I got the answer I wanted.
    So, I am still undecided about whether to get a current VFR with the VTEC or an older on without. I have discussed this with Jake (Deyago) before but need to hear it from someone who has a 2002 VFR or later.
    I have heard the VTEC is crap as it produces a large surge of power around the 7000rpm mark which could be dangerous for track riding, so in other words.

Does the VTEC produce the power surge? If so, is it significant enough to be considered dangerous if I'm fangin it around the track? (especially powering out of corners).

Any help from late model VFR owners would be greatly appreciated.

2. Owning a 2001 VFR and having ridden the newer VTEC one's a few times, I can say that VTEC is of no concern, you'll get used to it and adjust. It's the same as going from a carby bike to a fuel inject. Don't let the VTEC sway your decision in any way.

3. Cool,

Thanx Jason

:D :D

4. I have a 2002 VTEC VFR and i love it... I wouldnt have any other VFR

5. Mine's better than yours! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

6. lol.. I should have seen that coming...
    I still like you mouth, even tho you bat the the "other" team :p :twisted:

7. You just have a bad case of "pre-VTEC envy" :LOL: :p