Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

possum season

Discussion in 'Your Near Misses - A Place to Vent' started by bobcat, Jul 26, 2012.

1. twice this week already, 2 diff location (once on a main road with lots of cars following me, once on a little side street), 2 diff possums (i think haha) try to side swipe me, both times it was at night.

i think i'm lucky in a sense that i remember watching a video a fellow member posted up a little while ago, where a dog ran out on his way home; i think since then, subconsciously i've been keeping this idea at the back of my head that some little suckers gonna jump out and get me one day/night.

2. I had a bit of a running with a Kangaroo on Monday bouncing across the road in front of me and a mate. Safe to say we should always be on the look out for creatures big or small with less than adequate road sense!
  3. almost ran over a pussy, dumb b#tch had headphones on lol
  4. +1 for the roo's...going thru batemans bay yesterday bout 200 metre's past the maccas seen a 5 foot tall one hop across the road from the bushes n nearly take out the car infront of me
  5. There's one less possum where I live. I don't swerve for anything less than axle height. :)
  6. possum season........ now where did i put the .22 and half load
  7. 12 gauge solid shot - then you don't have to worry about picking up and disposing of anything
  8. A roo and joey crossed the road not far in front of me on my last Putty run. I gave them a lame 'meeeeeeep' from my horn, just for laughs. First time I've ever used it.
  9. yeah. but then you get the neighbours complaining,
  10. if you swerve dogs they think you are playing, and keep coming. Aim at the fukkers, and they get the message. Same goes for drunks I discovered after work at 1 am on NYE.