Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Possibly my favourite add of all time...

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Marlon, May 6, 2007.

1. #1 Marlon, May 6, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
    Apologies if this has been posted before (I've done a search and gone back a couple of pages Mods - Delete this if it's been posted before.)

Brilliant Honda add.

2. #2 Deadsy, May 6, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
  3. Alright, yes, a great advert. So, for the enthusaists of four wheels, what was the little red sports car in the early part, and the older style open wheel race car about two thirds way though.

{Oh, and he squibbed the high note at the end of the song, but, meh, you can't have everything!!}.
  4. Honda S800 !

I remember because its one of the cars you win in Gran Turismo 3 . . or was it 4 ??? :?

5. It's a bit blurry in the film, but yes, it's either an S-800 or the earlier model S-600. One day I must tell you how Honda developed much of their technology for bikes, away from prying eyes, in those little cars......
  6. They sure did! I have driven an S600, lovely little cars. Early models had chain drive to the rear wheels on each side, and basically a motorcycle engine and gearbox under the bonnet..in a car that weighed about 600kgs?
    The gearshift is a delight, about a 3" throw.
    Only problem is I looked over the top of the windscreen...by about 8 inches!
    Regards, Andrew.
  7. Wanna BUY one? I photographed this little jewel in Cooma last year. The guy wants $16,000 for it, and to me it looks worth it.

8. Lovely as it is, I'd need a convertible one Paul! :LOL:
    Whaddaya think I am, a millionaire? :p

Regards, Andrew.
  9. I just love that the guy is singing the song while on all the honda machines :LOL:
  10. karaoke at Eden !

wedge request . . . . check ! :grin:
  11. Ohhh its on :LOL:
    How about.....
    'Dont stop Believeing'
  12. Give me some rum, and put some Robert Palmer on, and karaoke just may happen!
    Oh the memories, the bad, bad memories...........

Regards, Andrew.
  13. How can it be permissible! :grin: