Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

possible ride and go-karting event for brisbane riders....

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by kezza01, Apr 14, 2007.

1. hey brissie, sunshine and gold coast riders, i was wondering what interest there is for a combined ride/go kart day (or even days)?

the plan would be basically just to ride to an identified go-kart track and then have fun chasing each-other around on four wheels for a while before riding off into the sunset on two wheels again.....

is anyone up for this?

if so, i'm thinking of proposing that we make it a practise session for a "Qld Vs the others" meet while the victorian/nsw crew are up here in july.....after all, the gauntlet has been thrown down by MVrog already...(https://netrider.net.au/forums/viewtopic.php?t=34243&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=330)

if there's enough interest, i'll look at dates etc and post as a calendar event. at this stage, my son and i are numbers 1 and 2.....
  2. Yeah, Kezza's state of origin racing. I'm there already
  3. Sounds good.

Now if there's a place that does minimoto it would even be better :D
  4. I'm in Kezza...My second favourite hobby. :grin:
  5. well, u had my dumb questions this morning, here's the afternoon one..."minimoto"???????
  6. good one mutts.....

so at this stage i'm counting 5:

my son (will need a pillion ride for him...)

one option might be to have the may or june "muttly's ride" as the ride/go kart day.

another option is to have it as a completely separate event.

any preferences? or other options? or do you all just want me to pick a date and post it to the calendar? (i reckon 5 is enough interest to warrant that.....)

7. Minimoto. Pocketbikes (or even little peewee50's on slicks).

I'd buy one to race if there was a group in brisbane who did it. From memory there IS one place on the goldcoast though.
  8. aaah thank you - pocket bikes i know....nearly bought one in canada (and now wish i had :LOL: :LOL: )
  9. Tried it once. Too Tall. Can't walk for 5 mins afterwards
  10. Provided we can set a date SOON, count me in :)

I'm on the gold coast but I work every weekend so I'd need notice to apply for time off.

Peace out
  11. i'll be in for that :) sounds fun.. havent go-karted in ages!!!
  12. I love it when a plan comes together
  13. me plus 2 (wife n daughter)

do they have mini mack trucks to carry my weight?
  14. Now let me think....... :roll: :roll: :roll:
    Hell yeah- I'm in!!!!
    Looks like the Queenslanders are coming to the party!
    You southerners are in deep trouble now! :p :p
  15. Count me in for the ride - dunno about the carting tho.

Can they shoehorn a 115Kg 198cm guy into one of those things?
  16. I'm sure we'd find a way to get you in there! (Not sure about getting you out though :grin: )
  17. wow, great response guys....numbers are building.....now i just have to work out a date, maybe get mutts to help with route planning, suss out costs and sizes of karts.......

aaaarghh i hate it when i suggest things that require planning......

give me a day or two and i'll think about a date - unless someone has a great idea??? (please.......help :oops: )
  18. I will prob be in Kezza + girlfriend. Just a suggestion about dates.... there are plenty of public hols coming up, and I hate sitting at home on a sunny, fresh autumn/wintery public holiday!! :wink:

Also maybe another thought...an extra couple bucks is definitely worth the bigger karts :twisted:

19. thanks for the suggestions.....i'm looking at a calendar tonight to start thinking about the plans....

my only 'wonder' in terms of public holidays is whether this is a time when other people are likely to be going karting too?

also, i know there is a kart track at kingston (brissie south-side), but are there any others people know about?

i'll do some searching around for costs etc, pick a date, and then make up a calendar entry......

tonight or tomorrow night......
  20. sounds like fun - count me in. not 100% sure yet if i'd be able to make the cart ride (things are a bit tight at the moment) but i'm definitely up for the ride.