Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Possible motorcycle awareness stickers - thoughts?

Discussion in 'Multimedia' at netrider.net.au started by robsalvv, Oct 15, 2014.

1. I was sent these sticker ideas today - they are intended to be put on the bumper bars/windows of motorcycle aware drivers.

What do you think? Do you think they have any traction?

ZZ 1799973_10152491685414065_8663928424646130836_o.
    ZZ 10649080_10152491685614065_8694418592523665043_o.
    ZZ 10708486_10152491685289065_5281025356701086458_o.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. For me, only the middle one works.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. My thoughts too.

4. I second the second one to :wacky:

5. I like the middle one: there was one with the exact wording put out by a motorcycling body here in NSW years ago

6. I still wouldn't trust it

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. I thought I recognised it too.

8. The late Stephen Dearnley's little motorcycle club has this sticker...
    Clipboard01.

9. I like the middle one.

10. Great idea , its for other drivers not riders to read

11. Likewise. Middle one is the best.

Or what about stickers which read 'I concentrate when I drive ' OR 'I don't use my mobile phone when I drive'.

12. Middle one is the best, but I think it's only people who ride that can truly say they are bike aware

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Yepo, middle one, Respect is over used and means bugger all to the average drone.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. In South-Africa there's a campaign called Think Bike! Here's some of the stickers they sell online.

bump. dnr. bike.

• Like Like x 2
  15. The middle one is widely available, I have it on my car and on my bike trailer. They were available at the Ulysses AGM and are also free from Southbank BMW.

• Like Like x 1
  16. I had the idea for one that goes on the back corners of the car, "Safe to pass" on either side of the car with a motorcycle logo, so you know the driver is aware of splitting motorcyclists & it's... well, safe to a pass! I may have given away the rights to the idea to Cheffie though...

• Like Like x 2
  17. I'm not really sure what the point is. Even if I saw one of those on a car, I'm not going to treat it any differently than any other car. Might be the dude's brother driving it for all I know.

18. Middle one looks like Engrish

19. None work, I got cut off by someone with the current awareness sticker on. I wouldn't put a sticker on my car either.

20. Not worth the effort imo.