Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Possible first bike...

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by Dakotabre, Jun 10, 2009.

1. Am I allowed to post a link to an ebay ad for a motorbike here so I can get your guys opinion of it??

There is a Kawasaki ZZR250 that I really like, but I don't know much about bikes at all, and this is the 2nd time it's been relisted and no one is bidding on it, and I can't work out why?!

Am I able to post the link here so you's can check it out and let me know your thoughts or is that a 'no no'?!

2. just do it...

3. ZZRs are a fantastic first bike,
    Buying off ebay always has risk, and if you don’t know what you are looking for you can’t mitigate this risk.
    I would suggest unless you are mechanically minded that you go for a purchase that is not from ebay.
    But that is just my thoughts on the matter

4. have you been to inspect the bike yet ?

because if you havn't, my opinion would be that is your first point of call. Theres a massive guide here somewhere about what tells to look for etc. Big help when i was looking and inspecting.

5. Ebay is like a more realistic version of bikesales, with fewer overpriced bikes.

Check it out (physically).
    Check that its got a RWC.
    If no one has bid on it, offer the seller a couple of hundred less than the minimum bid after the auction ends.

6. No I haven't gone and seen it yet, I wasn't sure if it was even worth going and seeing for the price, cause I thought maybe it was the price that was putting people off?

I'll have a look around here for that buying guide you mentioned NuXnug :)

Thanks All

7. I got my bike off ebay. Went to inspect it before the auction ended and bought it there and then. Prices are infinitely more realistic on ebay than any of the classifieds (except maybe Gumtree).

8. Get a few posts up and post the link, or PM it to me.

I watch ebay pretty carefully so probably have already seen it. After watching for a while you get a good idea of what is overpriced, what wont get bids and what will, suspect sellers, etc. Happy to give some feedback and I had a zzr250.

9. Same here , totally agree. There is also the added benefit of being able to track several bikes over several states and see the interest they generate both in terms of price and in numbe rof people that have viewed the advert. There isnt a better buying media imo more so when you realise most who list on bikesales also list there.

Buyer beware , as always , regardless of where it is purchased from.

10. use this page very usefull

i have a zzr250 1995 model here in sydney
    best thing about it is there is tonnes of parts for it to get

you can get an entire bike for only 300 $ for parts

well i went to a place today to trade my zzr250 for a suzuki across

i just rekon it would be a little bit better for me as it can hold helmet and storage compartment

my zzr250 cant even hold a shirt lolz

across has a little more power not very noticeable smaller fuel tank

look at the page i posted it was very helpful

11. Yes I've been looking at the Across's! I love the idea of the big storage compartment for the helmet! I've only seen it in pics though, since it fits a helmet in there, is the compartment big and bulky infront of you? Because it looks like it would be in pictures?!

12. Dont be put off buying eBay bikes.
    I sold my RF900R through eBay and at various times have looked to buy another.

More often than not I'm looking for an upgrade for Mrs 2wheelsagain.

If you dont know bikes have it inspected or offer a slab and you may get someone from here volunteering to have a look with you.

You cant reall go wrong with a ZZR 250 providing it has had some sort of regular maintenance.

Finding the right bike at the right time at the right price is the same no matter where or how its being offered.

13. You're kidding me, 12L vs 18L and the across chews more gas = 250 vs 450 tankrange, I'm pretty sure I'd notice that. I miss my zzr's tank range :LOL:

And yes, for sure more power - but power is shifted up the revvrange so ends up less useable.

Both are decent bikes though.

14. ^^ I think there should have been a comma after "noticeable" Phiz.
    Makes a bit more sense then :LOL:

I love forum punctuation (or lack of............)