Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

possible damage done?

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by 93squadron, Apr 2, 2007.

1. im about 700k's past my 1000k service and havent had a chance to take it in yet. ive booked her in for next wednesday but want a heads up on any damage that i may have already inflicted. i ride a hysoung 650 comet.

2. None Mate she will be fine
  3. Damage..Man your bike is fine.
  4. Oh my god :shock: 700ks over thats critical for one of those korean things better sell it and get a kwaka :p
  5. No problems as long as you've done your normal inspections. Checked the oil level is okay? Lubricated the chain every few hundred Kms?

Did you ever hear the story about the wording in the first Model A Ford manuals? It said: "After x miles, stop and drain the oil." So some joker did, and then drove off again, only to break down a few miles up the road. The manual didn't say to refill the engine with oil. :LOL:

Don't do anything silly like that, and you'll be fine. :wink:
  6. Sound advice!

Regards, Andrew.
  7. Not damage but its not good to overrun the first service considering all the gunk that collects in the oil when the motor is run in.
  8. Nah you will be alright mate.
  9. thanks guys, as its my first bike i just wanted to make sure. shes my baby, with a kwaka to follow soon. (hopefully). once i get of my L's that is.