Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Possible bike cover invention

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Rolski, Apr 3, 2015.

1. Hi all, I'm sick of draping my bike cover over my bike everyday, I've got this idea,for an alternative cover,.You think something light weight and super easy to cover bike would have some interest or does the traditional bike cover have this market covered,sorry for being allusive, as this might help me quit my day job, but I'm bored,so I'd thought I'd throw it out there

2. Mines always parked in the garage. On the occasion when I do try to put the cover on, it's always a pain in the ass.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Yeah, exactly Gooza, this cover will be more for people like myself who have no choice but to park bike outdoors.
  4. Is it like a Bike Tent?
  5. Wow, thanks for sharing, those shelters are very clever, love the one where the guy extends it out from the wall!, mines nothing like them.
  6. No slats, my idea is quiet out of the box!
  7. The thing is though bike covers are $30-$40. How much will your idea cost? Or how much do you think the market will pay for it?
  8. Takes me maybe a minute or so to put my 40 dollar cover on my bike
  9. I reckon $30 CB,
  10. Then I reckon go for it mate. If you can make a better product for the same price I'd jump at it. Can't promise you'd make millions though, only $40 from me :p
    • Like Like x 1
  11. U got it down to a fine art Collo,Mine will take 30secs once u get the hang of it, but also bike won't sweat in 30 degree heat
  12. Yeah true mate, the more I think about it, the more complex it's going to be lol, I just learnt for a patent, it'll cost on average 6000-8000 grand, crickey!
  13. Not really, it's just a bike cover, not rocket surgery.

That's not a shot at your idea though, the secrecy has piqued my interest.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Piqued!, that's the word of the day:), I'll have to look that up :),might not be a secret for to long Collo, don't think I'm motivated enough to go thru with the whole process, might do a prototype from my sketches and post a pic for the good people of the netriders gang, u can do what u will with it.
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Yeah Jess, I've got all the bits, once I get the prototype, I'll post it, so u guys can do what u will with it, I'm not going to bother with patents and making something of it, it's too much effort and expensive:)
    • Like Like x 1
  16. is it a force field? :D
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. If it's portable and compact then I'd be interested.

My main problem with covers is trapped heat and condensation.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Exactly Bit, mine won't have that problem, and I suppose it's not 100% waterproof,.....ok it's killing me keeping this to myself:) my idea is, it's like a portable roof that's attaches itself to the bike.