Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Positive experience with Clive Carter

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by duncan_bayne, Mar 30, 2010.

1. I just got my Mito back from a 10K service - after a particularly painful experience with Peter Stevens I took it to Clive Carter Motorcycles instead.

I figured that a guy who collects and races classic two-strokes ought to know how to work on a Mito :)

I was right - said Mito came back in fine fettle. It feels better than newly run-in, and he even fabricated a rego-holder to sit on the left hand of the bike (after the last one vibrated loose and half-melted on the muffler, damn two-strokes ;-) ).

On the basis of my experience I'm very happy to recommend them and will certainly be heading back there for the next service (and possibly to have a chat about the possibility of turning it into a Mito 350 ...)
  2. and this is why a time limit delete button would be handy, but the admin dosnt like it :)

no big deal, just letting u know
  3. a good old racer :LOL:

Clive Carter.

Oran Park, sometime in the 70s
  4. Who is old, Paul?

Would not put C.C. in that catagory at all
  5. My enduring memory of Clive Carter is an accident at Hume Weir where he crashed going up the back straight. He was tossed up onto the concrete wall that was the only separation between the sections of the circuit when it squeezed through the opening to the quarry. He rolled along the top of the wall, somehow avoiding the rio spikes that stuck up through the concrete and landed on the track on the other side of the wall.

A very scary moment.

If you say he doesn't look real old, Garfield, then maybe it was his son with whom you were dealing, because I reckon Clive would have to be in his 60's now.
  6. Clive is a legend!