Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

position vacant:Motorcycle Spare Parts/Accessory Salesperson

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by slyfox, Jul 21, 2005.

1. i just pulled that off the monash uni students employment website, if anyone takes the job i request an awesome discount for finding the job :D :wink:

2. $14 an hour :shock: i love bikes , but im not willing to half my hourly rate .

3. :(/looks at his hourly rate

blardy award wages :|

4. can i be your assistant midnight:D

5. yep... love the job but working over 50 hours a week and getting award wages is not everyone's cup of tea.
    it's good and interesting, but the hours really really suck. And with most retail things you get a break when you can, and unpaid overtime.
    The up side is staff prices rock :D and you get to talk to people about something you love all day :) (apart from the people who still buy open face helmets - i try to talk them out of it as much as i can :()

6. Re: position vacant:Motorcycle Spare Parts/Accessory Salespe

Thats funny, $14 bucks an hour. I know if you enjoy the job you will do it. But seriously who do they really think they will get applying? I am like midnight i would drop half my wage and then some. In todays economy who can afford to do that?

7. Pity it's not closer. I would do it. Be happy to.

Too far for me though. If they came to say Paky, I would think about it.

Brian

8. i'd do it if it was a casual position (20 hours a week or something) and it does say minimum $14 an hour.

9. i wouldn't work at that shit hole if they paid me a million bucks a year.
    bunch of fcukin wankas
    their customer service is a joke, no other shop i've seen even comes close to being that bad

10. LOL I would love to work in a bike shop... but.. Having worked with: kids, animals, food, clothes, computers, cars and other general retail... the job that was the worst was the general retail... I wold be happyest working on bikes rather than try and sell them gear, bikes or spare parts... still I think I'll appy... has any one seen the current affairs shows lately??

11. Matt232 would disagree with that :p :p :p

Cheers 8)

12. You seem to have a problem expressing yourself insano :shock: :LOL: :LOL:

13. Couldn't've said it better myself :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
    They are a dump :!:

14. holy f&$k!!!!! Marty! QUICK!!! Get me one of those tin foil hats, he's reading my mind!!!!!!

15. Hey I work for a whole lot less but I have the integrity to back up my conviction!

16. you get paid to work 38 hours, not 50+
    no more no less
    and minimum of 14 an hour is also the maximum

17. It's pretty sad but this is how much the motorcycle industry pays. For $14 a hour who are you going to get?

Next time you walk into a bike shop and you get poor service think of the person who spends 6 days a week in the store, has to juggle famly life and gets paid peanuts for the labour at the end of the day.

Is it any wonder that there are so many posts about the poor quality of the service in many of the stores in Melbourne when the going rate is $14.

18. Yeah well @ $14 an hour what kind of customer service would you expect? Personally it worries me to think that a newbie could walk into such a place and be given advice from someone that perhaps knows less than them just to get a sale.

19. Sumoto wins by the length of the straight for poor customer service. PS just has poor service mechanics :)

20. Must admit, does kind of put you off asking them for any advice....