Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Posible stolen bike in Newmarket, Brisbane

Discussion in 'Stolen Bike Register' started by MeltingDOg, Oct 22, 2012.

1. Hi all,

Probably wont help to much but thought I would write this up.

Riding home along Newmarket Rd at around 5:30pm last Tuesday, at the intersection where the Eagers Holden dealership is I saw a bloke going hell for leather on what looked like a nicely restored red 1970s Honda CB250 or similar. He was flying at around 90kph in a 60 zone, weaving in and out of traffic and running the red light, almost causing an accident and wiping himself out. He wasnt wearing any gear at all - no helmet or jacket, just a flanno shirt, shorts and thongs.

His speed, erratic riding, dangerous manoeuvres and that he wasnt dressed at all for riding kind of made me suspect he saw an opportunity to nick a bike and taken it - but hey, I could be wrong...

Guy looked mid 30s, scruffy, shaved head, short stubbly beard. He was heading on Newmarket Rd. towards Lutwyche Rd.

Anyway, probably wont help anyone but just putting it out there.
  2. did you ring the police?
  3. Perhaps just thrilled that his resto is finally finished? Anyone who has done a resto knows that feeling.
  4. Anyone in their right mind wouldn't thrash a resto, especially if it's taken ages to complete!
  5. i would
    • Like Like x 2
  6. No helmet? That's suspicious. Who goes for a joyride, in peak hour, with no helmet? Forward it to the police. If they actually care about this (ie: someone is harassing them enough), they might pull surveillance footage before it's overwritten.
  7. I believe that the police have a policy of not chasing riders without helmets, the risk matrix prohibits it. Ergo for the average thieving scrote it's an easy win. NB This is based on hearsay only - I cannot source a valid ref.
  8. I wouldn't be surprised if they did. Sounds reasonable, but I'd be changing my mind real quick if it was my bike stolen ;)