Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Portable USB Chargers

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by davidp1984, Feb 27, 2010.

1. Hey Guys and Gals,

Do any of you know of a decent Portable USB Charger and where to get it from. I'm talking about the ones that you throw in some AA Batteries and plug in your phone(or whatever else) via the USB cable so it can charge off the batteries.

I googled but didn't find anything decent apart from a really kickarse one from the States (Duracell) and I don't really want to spend that kind of money on it.

I also found a $6-7 one at Jaycar but it seemed a little too cheap. Since I want it for when I'm out riding to charge my phone and/or camera I want something that's going to be a bit sturdy and won't die on me from the punishment it will get in my backback/pocket.

Cheers
    Me

2. That's almost exactly what I'm after except...the one I want will run off AA Batteries so I can keep spare batteries with me or buy some from a servo etc.

Thanks heaps but, for the effort in looking, much appreciated.

3. You can get one of these from JB Hi-Fi; advertised as mobile phone chargers, but the motorola one has a mini-B USB cable, so you can charge anything that takes that, or buy an adapter.