Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Portable Shelter/Garage

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by gsxrjames, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has one of the folding metal bike shelters (or case/garage), where you got it, what you paid and if it works well?

If you’re thinking ‘wtf is that?’ It’s one of these.

My bike cover is often dirtier than my bike and a huge pain if it’s windy. I think the biggest benefit would be being able to cover up if the bike is wet or hot. Problem is they’re all about 400 bucks on the net…I could justify maybe 200.

Any experiences, please let me know.

2. Looks the goods.

It'd be great to have half a dozen in the garage even.
  3. In WA I guarantee that the sun will eat it in 6 months or less.
  4. Looks nice, I need something similar but $400 sounds a bit steep.
  5. Won't it do the same to an ordinary bike cover or your shiny paint job too then?
  6. How do you secure them down? Whats to stop them taking off when the wind picks up
  7. Absolutely. But you can get a lot of sacrificial ordinary bike covers for $400. No point buying expensive ones 'cos they last only marginally longer than the pauper specials.
  8. It's not shown in the pic but they actually have a hard plastic base that the bike sits on which can be bolted to the ground. The enclosure zips to the base, so the full weight of the bike is preventing it from flying away... I've found one on amazon for 280, doubt I can post it here though.
  9. Hey, sorry to bring this up again but i'm in the same situation and looking to buy something like this. Has anyone used them? Any cheaper ones out there somewhere?