Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Porsche 911 vs Hayabusa Drag Race

Discussion in 'Multimedia' at netrider.net.au started by grange, Jul 30, 2011.

2. pretty close

3. They didn't leave the times up on the screen for long enough :(

4. put someone on the busa who can ride, then try again.
    because he was'nt giving the busa everything of the line and he changed way early.
    quarter mile would still have similar results, that is a very fast car, but busa would be over the line first.
    honestly, that was a shocking launch of the start line on the busa

5. Agreed. That is one fast car, but the bike was not given the chance to show what it can really do. A low 11 pass on the quarter? Please! Those things pull 9.80 and 9.81 all day with good riders on them. There have been 'fluke' passes in the 9.6 range.

6. there is this wonderful thing called the pause button, it looks like this. ||

7. yes, I know, I was just whining :rofl:

8. For the infirm :)

Screen shot 2011-07-30 at 10.22.13 PM.

9. A $19,000 motorcycle keeps pace with a $388,000 bi-turbocharged car uprated from 500 to 800 horsepower. If it wasn't for the 200 hp 300 kph gentlemen's agreement between Suzuki and Kawasaki, this would have been a non-contest. :p

10. thats why you use the pause button :)

11. Is there an echo in here....

12. Yep, I gotta learn to read to read all entries before shooting my mouth off :)

13. Maybe so but... Hell, to borrow a phrase from Fast and the Furious, "winning is winning". It's not the Porsche driver's fault he was paired up against a Hayabusa rider who couldn't get an optimal launch.

Either that or I have to retract the win my 120hp MR2 had against a Skyline GTS-t at the Palmyra dragway too. ;) Skyline boy should have beaten my car by a full second, on paper. I still won. :p If the driver and driveability didn't ever factor into it, I could tell you pretty accurately who's going to win just by dividing the power at the wheels by the wet weight of vehicle and driver.