Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Poor man's fairing repair..

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by paynebrody, Oct 24, 2009.

1. A little while ago my friend's brother backed into my newly acquired zzr-250 and knocked it over. After riding for ages with 2 huge cracks in the nose fairing of my bike I finally decided to do something about it. The following photos tell the story.. Cosmetically its pretty average but its rock solid and cost me a little over $2. Not a bad repair option to consider if you don't mind looking like a hobo...

2. That actually doesn't look too bad. You could even paint the screw heads black to match the others if you were so inclined.

Nice work! (y)
  3. It would be better to mix up some red lego bricks in acetone and paint the resulting goo on the rear side of the crack.

Or just buy some ABS cement.
  4. In my day, the approved technique was to stitch the broken bits together with wire. These days, I suppose cable ties would be the go.

Seriously, though, as long as it does the job.

Remember, a bike with cracked/scuffed fairings is a good 50% less attractive to professional thieves, 'cos at least 50% of a faired bike's wrecking value is in the plastics.