Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Poor birdy

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by POPEYE, Sep 17, 2012.

1. Kamikaze bird just flew into my headers this morning & got stuck....the bugger was chirping away as I was riding along.

I tried bit of side to side & heavy breaking to get the poor bugger off but to know avail. Before long my bike was starting to smell like KFC....poor bastard

2. So why didn't you stop and get him out?
    • Like Like x 1
  3. I think you mean

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yeah, definitely should have stopped and dealt with him humanely - no animal should suffer, even the stupid ones...
  5. you're going to hell
  6. Personally, I don't find it funny at all.
  7. Oh don't get me wrong, I don't find it funny at all. I wanna know why he didn't stop either

Just the first thing that came to my head when I saw his username.
  8. Cruelty to animals should not be tolerated. FFS, why didn't you STOP to help or euthanaise the poor creature?
  9. i did stop after trying to brake & swerve in traffic, by that time the chirping stopped & it was not moving

it was wedged in so far i would have fried my hand as well
  10. One bird in a bike is nothing to get excited over. Do you really think interstate semis pull over everytime something gets stuck in their front grill?

Better that it hit the headers than hitting you. Even the small ones can hurt, and the big ones can be quite dangerous (you wouldn't want to hit a wedge tailed eagle on a bike).
  11. Do they? No. Should they? If they think it might be still alive (unlikely), yes.

Yes, at least it didn't hit you, which could have caused you to crash. No one wants that to happen.
  12. Edited: op did stop
  13. I posted then seen this, glad you at least stopped ;)
    • Like Like x 1
  14. oh lord......:(
  15. Grade A arsehole.
  16. It's heartening to hear the replies to this post.I've known and seen too many f/wits over the years that wouldn't give a shit and actually would go out of their way to hit critters -cats,birds,lizards and the like-(in a car of course)
  17. True, Sadly true. But we should cut the OP some slack as well, it doesn't help if you pull over in an unsafe place and get flattened by a rampaging B Double either.
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Of course.Shit happens and don't think he could have done anything to help the bird.
  19. i copped an indian minor bird to the chest on putty road and it was a fairly painful experiance, the bird then got caught between my leg and the tank for a few corners until it flopped off.

For everyone getting angry at op for not stopping, its a bird at the end of the day and shit happens.
    • Like Like x 1
  20. A minor injury..........sorry