Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Poll] How to diagnose an Across that won't start

Discussion in 'Jokes and Humour' started by Mouth, Nov 28, 2005.

1. Spend 40mins to pull off the fairing and 'boot' so as you can check the fuel line between the tank a

2. Check if the fuel tap needs turning to reserve

0 vote(s)
  3. Check that there is petrol in the tank

0 vote(s)
  1. Scenario: You've just been out riding on your new (to you) Across that's running fine. You park it in the garage overnight, come out in the morning and it won't start.

As discussed at coffee tonight, no prize for guessing which option a Certain Netrider'ian reCently Chose to do on his better halves reCently aquired ACross. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

The question is, after eliminating the kill switch as the issue, of the below options which would you chose to do next? :D :D

2. Where's the "Burn It" option? :twisted:

Sorry Cadbury!
  3. So in this question of yours ….do ether of the warning fuel lights come one (orange/ red)…. If the red lights not on then the 1st and 2nd choices are not your problem (NOTE: only valid if globes pass the ignition on test)

Side note: that happened a few times with my across and it was from the carby flooding itself

4. Watch it Macca!! :evil: :p :wink:

:D :D
  5. You also forgot "Check to see if Vic has tampered with it" on the poll.
  6. Mouth.... When you say 'better half' ... you wouldn't be refering to a well known cactus around here, would ya? :LOL:

Macca.... If that was included, there'd be a landslide victory for it :LOL: :LOL:
  7. [-( I have no idea where you would get an idea like that from [-(
  8. ooohhhhh what has Keith done, well I guess when the fuel tanks a handbag it might be hard to tell if the reserve switch is on :p :LOL:
  9. hey people, have been thinking about this and to the person who may or may not have experienced this problem;

if you said that you could smell a lot of fuel it may have been just above reserve and the needle and seats are leaking and it did indeed flood, and then drain the contents of the tank down the intake, leaving it at reserve.

it would explain it a little better. im voting for ripping the fairing off coz i cant wait to see a fightered across. ROFLMAO :roll:
  10. :shock: :shock: Oh My . Oh well , we all do things a different way , some just the long way :LOL:
  11. I KNOW, IKNOW, I KNOW........... You ring someone with an across and get some advice after spending 40 minutes pulling bits off. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  12. Going by the poll scoring .. that advice would have to be to check the fuel tap :)
  13. You would think that, if the person in question had some riding experience....... oops..... they did :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  14. You left out the "Sell it" option :LOL:

{apologies to all the Across owners, just a giggle, OK??}
  15. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Oh dear, what a nasty poll you have created Jason hehehee
    Yeah, I think you should ring someone with an Across who may be able to save you 40 minutes taking a bike apart and then only having to put it all together before you can get out on a ride. ;)
  16. But as far as some certain Across riders are concerned, if the Oil light comes on, it MUST mean that there is no oil in the bike ;) :LOL: