Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

POLL: Do you lane split cop cars?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by RGVroomDaddy, Apr 9, 2006.

1. I lane split anything ... who cares

2. Only when I don't see them or can't stop in time

0 vote(s)
  3. No way, not worth the risk

0 vote(s)
  4. I don't lane split

0 vote(s)
  1. I have accidentally split cop cars a few times when I was going up the middle fast (a long split to the front and a big gap) and didn't see them with enough time to stop safely.

On the other hand I have also done some dodgy hard braking to pull in behind them when I did see them and had time.

None of them seemed too fussed, and once the car was close to the front of the traffic and they could have nabbed me if they wanted to.

2. +1 (I lane split anything ... who cares).
  3. i totally agree here with ruthy here
    hey if a girl can do it so can i :wink: :LOL: :LOL:
  4. Keep in mind, I get favourable treatment :LOL:
  5. Interesting!
  6. im sure u do :LOL: :LOL:
    :wink: :LOL: :LOL:
  7. Girls can wheelstand too
  8. :LOL: :LOL:
    yeah i know im still trying though
    and dont worry once i get that one wheel up u will be the first to hear about it
    but why you telling me
    you cant wheelstand either
  9. I split pass Uniformed Revenue Collectors on the way to work every afternoon.
  10. I was very disappointed with the ban of lanesplit, as it came just before I got my learners.

If you have the chance to move in front of a traffic jam, why on earth should you be forced to stay in it with all the other chumps?

And before anybody says anything about using emergency lanes to do the same thing, I disagree with that on the basis that they are there for EMERGENCIES and should not be blocked off by traffic.
  11. I lane split past cops alot. esp when i was in syd and concerntrating on the street signs that what kind of car i was about to pass.
    Ive never got any greif about it, but I think its just cos they are too stunned by my sexy awsome bike that they dont even consider chasing me.
    Plus if they did, id just pop a wheelie at 260kmph on my gpx and escape :cool:
  12. Until the practise is fully legalised (yeah right) I'd rather not chance making Sheriff Buford T. Justice spill his coffee on his lily white uniform and make my day a bad one... not worth it.
  13. I lanesplit everyday even when i see cop cars and is safe to do. As long as you indicate before and after lanesplitting they cant do a thing.
  14. Wasn't there a post asking this question the other day???

Anyway, yes i lanesplit cop cars but only if they are not at the front of the que.
  15. thats really clever!!! that way, they probably wont catch your plates and they cant chase you :LOL:
  16. Exactly ;) , and they don't get a blast from my exhaust when i take off.

Your 3000th post quoting me I feel so special.
  17. Cool shot Ruthy.
    Indicating intention to change lanes is perfectly legal.
  18. +1 on anything. :cool:

lane split onto front of a semi stopped on the left lane with the cops on the right lane just beside it. cop didn't bother at all. :grin:

afaik, its not yet banned or illegal, it was proposed to be banned. :roll:
  19. I have to get to work & home so I lane split but I also give way to faster splitters! I'm not too shabby but I won't risk the cager who decides the next door lane is moving faster than theirs so jumps with little or no warning!
  20. Nope, don't risk it (why put them on the spot?)
    But a bike cop split right past my cage today! :p
    (and he wasn't on a mission!)