Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Poll do you agree with Mark Webber?

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by smee, Mar 31, 2010.

1. In light of this thread in the MRA forum I'm adding 2 polls here as well.

2. While I'm voting 'yes', I do feel that with the rise in the public airing of accidents that kids are having lately, I think better education is needed for them. While I'm not saying it's ok for older people to travel at excessive speeds, maybe drivers that undertake driving & accident classes should be allowed a 'double demerit' limit?

As a kid I drove like a maniac, although I could handle a car in a speeding/sideways situation, I didn't realize what other drivers were thinking, or what they could do, or what situations could arise. I may have driven differently had I been tought about various possibilities that could happen.

It's a shame with all the V8 Supercar advertising & promotion, no wonder kids want to give it the berries on the road, give them more places to let off steam and perhaps they'll take it easier in general traffic situations?
  3. All fair points Johnny but they should go here :)