Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Polishing Bike rims

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by Prawn, Oct 24, 2004.

1. After returning from the Moto GP at the Island (and having a fantastic 6 days :D) I have been inspired to do some modifications to my ST2. I want to paint the wheels black and then have the outer inch or so of the rim poilshed. I wanted to know if anyone could recommend someone in Sydney that does this, and if there are any pit falls with doing it?

Cheers, and happy riding.

Prawn.

2. rims

:x i would recommend to ring a place called electomould,they cater for that sorrt of stuff.im still looking into it myself mate. :roll:

3. I did my own - removed the tyre, got the paintstripper on the rim then got to work on it with progressively finer grades of wet/dry sandpaper. Then grab a polishing pad you can attatch to a drill and polish that baby up with some Autosol paste.

Ducati? Red rimstripes should set it off nicely.

4. I have a recommendation, instead of polishing the rims, have them nicoplated, they look polished, but all you ever have to do them after it is wash them with soapy water. Once you polish them, the finish will go off and you will have to keep doing it.. Expensive, but the look and low maintenance is worth it..
    if you're interested, pm me and i can show u a pic of a bike with plated rims...