Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Polished my rims this weekend

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by adge82, Apr 30, 2006.

1. Thought i might take some pics finally.

2. that came up looking shweet Adge, did you do them yourself?
  3. They look excellent you must be pleased with the result :).
  4. what did you use?

Looks great!
  5. yeah what did u use mate...
  6. Did it myself, used the same method as described in the articles section here on NR.

I masked up the tyre and the parts of the rim i wanted black (just the centre section). Then just piled on a whole heap of selleys kwik strip paint stripper. Once the paint was gone i cleaned the wheels with warm soapy water, then took off all the tape and cleaned again.
    Finally just covered the wheels in a fine layer of autosol and used a drill with polishing bit to buff them up. (munted 4 polishing bits in the process, damn its hard work)

The paint stripper is awesome, 5 minutes and the paint just wipes off. Polishing was crap, took sooo long and im tired as, but it was well worth the effort i think.
  7. Looks great until you have to polish them every few weeks to keep the finish up.

Does look good though well done mate.

8. hmm sounds like a whole day job
    but looks the money...
  9. Last set I polished I did by hand, took me a month... _never_ doing that again :)