Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Police... wheres the heart?!?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by dje, Nov 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Decided to go for a ride tonight to clear my mind...

I was pulled over by the police for speeding. I know I was speeding, so I had no probs with being pulled over... but not very happy about the result.

Officer asked: whats your reason for speeding?
    I said: I wasnt thinking straight. I just came out for a ride to clear my mind because my grand ma of 94 passed away last week and we just had the funeral 2 days ago (True).

Officer then told me I was doing 20kmph over, and asked for my license as he wrote down my rego. He then went back to his car and after a few minutes, came back out with a piece of paper. I asked, 'whats this for?' and he said 'its a fine for $215 & a loss of 3 demereit points'.

And that was it.

I didnt expect it, but a little leanency would have been nice...
    Or at least an apology...

So, although there are some good cops out there, some are still kuuuntz!
  2. I'm sorry to hear about your grandma dje, and I can understand how you'd want to get out and clear your head. I don't mean to sound rude or whatever but I think the cop was well within his right to give you the ticket. He probably hears stuff like this all the time. If I'd been the cop I would've shown some sympathy yes, but I would've given you the ticket. :) And I wouldn't have apologised. Would that make me a thingymajiggy too?
  3. #3 vic, Nov 16, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2016
    Sorry to hear about your grandma dood, 94 is a great innings.

"clearing your mind" by riding around speeding isn't something that I would be doing, i'd feel more uneasy using a speeding vehicle to "clear my mind"
  4. suprised

He might have thought that your family just went through a funeral and they wouldn't want to be at another so quickly....

my sincere condolences to you mate but i agree with the above points that on the bike might not be the best place to clear your head.
  5. Tis sad news to hear of your Granny passing but what exactly was the cop supposed to be apologizing for? Doing his job?

You should have been the one apologizing and then you might have been $200 and 3 points richer.
  6. Condolences, man :( Always sucks to lose someone.

You must have had a bit on your mind, I'd imagine [like me] checking behind for cops is a priority when on the bike!
  7. Getting out on the road on a bike or in a car when your mind is not where it should be wasn't really a smart move in the first place. Expecting the cop to go easy on you was even sillier. He did his job. So why should he be labelled a prick for it?
  8. So whats one supposed to do dale?

Im sure you have been for a ride to clear your mind also... its not like I was going fast or trying anything silly. Just going for a cruise. And as I wrote... I didnt 'expect' any leaneny... I just said 'it', or an opology would have been nice. Maybe you would understand that if you were in my shoes...

A sincere big thank you to every one who offered their condolences and other opinions.
  9. also..

If this could be end of topic that would be great.
    I think I was just venting last night when I posted more than anything.
    Thanks again for everyones replies.
  10. Topic locked at the request of the OP :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.