Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Police stuff-up on speed camera fine

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Mouth, Mar 18, 2005.

1. Here's a posting today on a friends journal...

2. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: That's a crack up!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :applause: :applause:
  3. Shit happens. Naturally it was an honest mistake. I for one would have been saying a few chioce words in that latter she had to pen saying why it was not her. Dipshits, Stupidity, Morons, Imbisiles (spelling), F@ckwits, Pen Pushers would have been some of the words that would have found their way onto the letter.

Cheers 8)
  4. Ahh victorian law. need i say more. 8)
  5. Rule 1: Always check the photo, if more than 1 vehicle then argue it. Got done a few years back in my old VP Crumbledore by a "Flash for Bracks" (actually a "Flash for Jeff" back then) and actually have a nice copy of the pic in my collection. Yes I was guilty and I saw the flash go off but was hopeing the bus I was passing at the time was in the pic so I could argue which vehicle the camera saw. Mind you I've gone 7 years without a ticket so far (tapping head and saying touch wood) but both cars since the VP have been fitted with Cruise Control which has saved me on soooooo many Winton, PI, Warrnambool & other long trips it's not funny.
  6. took it a bit hard didnt she ,
    christ , mine is "bugger another one I have to get out of" reaction :LOL:
  7. agreed, so stupid its almost funny
  8. Wonder how many people just pay these without looking at the photo's or contesting the fine?
  9. and how many are MP's....hehehe. I read the Vic Police Minister got a speeding fine. His comeback was no one is above the law. Which is politian speak for "shit I dont think I can get out of this one", and besides "I have a chaufer should I need it".

Unfortunatly the idea is fine people and what is the worst that can happen? Someone contest it???

10. Do you know what I think is really sad...is that the government has caused THIS reaction:

"incredible shame of possibly having been doing 30kph over"

Yep - THAT's right up there with murder and child molestation!!!!

What is this country coming too.....

11. Since I know the person in question, I can assure you that if it had been her, she would have lost her job immeadiately. I won't go into details, but just understand that this was a bigger deal to her than a months suspension and a fine.
  12. Nothing surprises me about Mexico. I was visited by Qld. police last year to be taken away for 6 days in the cooler over a traffic matter that occurred 9 years earlier in Campbellfield. The original summons was withdrawn after I threatened legal action against Vic Roads for malicous prosecution. They tried again after 9 years and I finished up with 3 letters of apology after once again threatening legal action.