Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

police please get off my back!

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by markwearspants, Aug 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hi. posted cos i am quite annoyed. basically there is a road near my house called 'arrandell road' it leads to the back way to melbourne airport some people might be familiar. the road is known for hooning cos there is nothing around and has many tight bends for about a 2 kilometers. i just got my learners and alot of experianced riders told me to go there to learn cornering and throttle control.

i do not speed. how can i speed going uphill on a 1983 vt250f... and the police always get called when i go up and down the road more than twice. there are only a couple houses before it gets tight.

i have been pulled over twice with the police officer not knowing what to say because i wasn't breaking the law. i understand the police have a job to do and i respect them 100%. it's just when i am taking the corners at a considerate speed but not breaking the speed laws and not driving dangerously they have to rock up.

where can i practice cornering where i won't be pulled over every time.
    note! i dont want to speed and break the law. just practice counter steering on a deserted road.

2. Screw 'em. Just keep doing it. Just keep doing the speed limit challange; maintan 3km/h over the speed limit for the entire road. Or come out east; 1000's of houses in the dandes, and you hear bikes racing up and over the hill all night during summer; good on em!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.