Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Police on the Eastern

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by booga, Mar 14, 2007.

1. Hello all,

Notice to all that I have now seen the little boys in blue on the end of the eastern just before the hoddle street train bridge on the left hand side.

The other day there was only 1 boy, today there were 2, pulled over a car that passed me in the bus lane 15 mins beforehand, but also a bike, he was giving a good serve to him but couldn't hang around cos of traffic.

They hide their bikes behind trees on the very left and stand there waiting for non buses and taxis to go past pulling them up.

So dont think the bus lane is safe to use, even tho its probably safer as lane splitting at that particular point is a bit tight.

2. what about the tranist lane? can we use that? i can't remember
  3. As I understand it the Transit lane is all good.
  4. Yes, we can. :)
  5. Thanks for the heads up. When I go in, I'm always tempted to use the BL at that point, definitely keep clear of it now.
  6. there was another thread that mentioned what lanes you can and can't use today... i think he was referring to several police pulling over people incorrectly using lanes etc etc so do be careful