Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Police Calling For Witnesses (sydney)

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by pringa8, Mar 20, 2008.

1. Police are seeking witnesses to a peak-hour crash between a bus and a motorcycle in Sydney's CBD yesterday.

The bus was turning right into Philip Street from Bent Street about 4:30pm (AEDT) when it collided a the motorbike.

The motorcyclist - aged in his 30s - suffered serious head and chest injuries, and was taken to St Vincent's Hospital.

He had emergency surgery to reattach an eyeball and remains in a serious but stable condition.

Officers were called to the scene and breath-tested the bus driver. The test was negative.

Anyone with information is urged to contact Crime Stoppers.
  2. Holy fcuk... he must have got really messed up :cry: :cry:
  3. that happened outside my work, my mate was first on the scene, my f&b manager was the first aider there too.
    the bus driver was attempting to turn right onto bent st, while the rider was going straight ahead in the left hand lane through the intersection on phillip St. this occured on an amber light. the bike was an old cbr600f. the rider will be very lucky if he doesnt loose his right leg from his injuries.

i am very very glad to hear he is now in a stable condition, he was a fcuken mess at the time (dont mean to state the obvious, but last multi vehicle bike acco i saw was a fatal)

Thats nasty!!!

hope he pulls through!
  5. eyes balls that doesnt sound good