Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Police Blue Ribbon Foundation

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Mouth, Jun 21, 2005.

1. From https://netrider.net.au/forums/viewtopic.php?p=103160#103160
    Just wanted to voice my agreeance with Dano :)
    I'm not a strong believer of some/many charities, but do support a few. Sarah (titania) and I have the privledge of being able to support the Blue Ribbon Foundation for the last 4 years through one of their annual events that occurs a few times a year. Just like most charities, they have many selfless volunteers who work hard to make it a success and give back to the community. Regardless of partial name or affiliation, this is one charity that certainly earns and deserves :applause:

http://www.policeblueribbon.com.au/ for more information.
  2. I agree with Jason on this :shock: .
  3. I too am a member of the Police Blue Ribbon Foundation and enjoy the company of Mouth and Titania at the tri-yearly event at the Police Academy.

My first big ride was the Blue Ribbon Ride and have found everyone associated with the BRF to be fantastic.

As for the Police themselves, you never know when you may need them. You may not like them when they pull you over (for being stupid), but that's their job and they do it unselfishly.

Please conitnue to support our Force in whatever way possible.

4. Jason, I had a look at the link but it made no mention of a "blue ribbon ride", on two wheel torque tonight they mentioned that is was coming up soon with a new mystery location......do you have any more info?
  5. I think in inaugural BR Ride was January? And the next will be around the same time.

I saw TWT too. Oooh, mystery location! Good thing they are changing locations each year - the other first ride was geat, but that road would get dull if it were the same every year.
  6. The ride's official name is Ride To Remember. I don't believe planning has commenced for next years ride as yet.
  7. It sure has Jason, the first meeting for the organisers was a few weeks ago. DJ McCarthy is involved from the MRA end since we were asked to continue with the organisation after the success last year.

I understand that it'll be the weekend before the Australia Day Weekend. The aim is to have a series of locations that it rotates between each year. Last years was the biggest single fundraising function the foundation has ever had and personally I think it will grow to be one of the biggest rides on the calendar - over 300 riders the first time out was pretty damn good.

It shows that people will come out for a good cause (and a good ride :LOL: )

A particularly good ride for the Marshals...
    :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

When we'd finished getting all the riders off last year, we were supposed to follow the ride behind a police car and take a short cut so we'd be there to organise before people arrived.

There was a BMW Club ride also that day which crossed the route and the cops followed them instead of the main ride. When they caught up with stopped BMW ride they relised that we were now a bit short on time so we had a VERY interesting ride behind a police car to get to the final location before the ride arrived.

One of the quickest rides through that part of the world anyone's ever managed... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

8. Thanks for the heads up Tony - I'm gonna put it in the request book now! - so I don't get rostered on to work like I did this year, and miss out!!
    :D :D

9. I'm 90% certain of the date - I'll confirm it and post it here.
    Nothing worse than some sod stuffing up your arrangements by getting the date wrong...
  10. Excellent! Ta...
  11. I can confirm it's definitely Sunday 22nd January..

Other details will follow closer to the day...

12. thanks for the info Tony