Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Police Blitz in region 9 Victoria

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' at netrider.net.au started by Doch, Feb 4, 2007.

1. Hi Guys, I got nabbed this morning on the way from Melbourne to
    Warragul, just for a license check, but the officer informed me that due to the number of m/c fatalities and serious injuries in the baw baw shire and latrobe city they are having a blitz and pulling over all riders just because the are that - riders. This could be in place for some time while we have good riding weather.

If you are travelling east along the Princess FreewayBaw Baw Shire extends from the Bunyip river to Trafalgar East, Latrobe City is from Trafalgar East to near Rosedale I think.

Cheers

2. What did you get nabbed for?

3. Riding a 750 on a restricted license.
    Doing 100 in a 110 zone ,being 0.00 and being the only vehicle on the entire section of road at 2:30 am. Guilty as sin

4. Why bother pulling over all riders? A lot of people die on motorcycles because of cars hitting them. Look at the recent posts on this forum regarding cars not seeing the motorbike and smashing into them.

5. Whats the fine for riding above 260cc on the restricted license?

6. as far as i remember its a couple hundred dollars and if on L's or P's another fine and 3 points

7. I didn't think you lost any points? :-k

8. Well you were guilty as sin, you were riding a bike illegally. So as a matter of fact, haha! lol nah that sucks I don't see the big deal, but they gotta make their money some how.

9. Doing 100 in a 110 zone ,being 0.00 and being the only vehicle on the entire section of road at 2:30 am.

That sux....... :mad:

officer informed me that due to the number of m/c fatalities and serious injuries in the baw baw shire and latrobe city they are having a blitz and pulling over all riders just because the are that - riders.

That really sux...... :evil:

10. Thats bullsh#t, they got nothing better to do, by the way riding over restricted "cc" only incurs you to a $110 fine no dermit points, its probably for the speeding that they gave it to you

11. I got $113 and no points. Have another look at the thread i was only pulled over for a license check and bretho. I wasn't speeding.

12. Read the signs and you see Police blitz on Sppeding, Drink Driving, Seat Belts and so on. They just decided to blitz on motorcycles at the moment.

Ride within the laws and restrictions & all you'll cop is a bretho & chat to a nice copper.

13. Dont take this thread the wrong way. Yep I was in the wrong Im not whinging about getting caught, in fact both officers were very pleasant to deal with. Im just informing you guys about the blitz

14. I take it you were allowed to ride the bike home?

15. Nope :wink:

16. yeah that sux... i did the ride on a restricted licence for a couple of months a while back but lucky for me didnt get caught.
    Have been pulled over 3 times in 2 weeks for a licence check a couple months back.

I wonder if there patrolling the twisties from warragul to korrumburra? Thats such a dead road and its hard to stay on the speed limit through there.

A mate got done for the same thing as you. They however said "look where leaving now and going that way" so i guess that was there way of saying after we go you can do what u want but dont pass us.

17. It wouldnn't suprise me if they were as the shire finishes around the dip before you get to strezleki.

18. Ha ha... thanks for the tip WT. Although, it's not such a huge penalty for riding over restriction, hey?! Interesting...