Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VIC Police bike waiting at end of Domain tunnel

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' at netrider.net.au started by Cheeba, May 13, 2009.

1. Had a very lucky escape this evening, normally I go through the tunnel either filtering or sometimes if I am feeling lazy I just stay in the left hand (empty) lane and cross Power Street traffic, then Kingsway traffic to slip along the emergency lane - past the entrance to Montague street before rejoining the traffic and getting onto the Bolte. Yeah, yeah shoot me I'm very bad :(

Well this evening as I was coming home filtered for most of the tunnel and was meant to be going to the gym (MSAC so Kingsway exit) but spent most of the tunnel deliberating being a lazy sod and just going home. Luckily my wobbling beer belly guilted me into taking the Kingsway exit - about hundred foot up the Westgate the copper was off his bike watching traffic. Obviously part of this bike blitz - if I'd have headed home I have no doubt he would have tugged me.

That is the fourth time I have fluked or had a sixth sense and avoided being pulled over coming out of the tunnel!

2. Bike blitz?

3. yeah, I should really have made this post within the thread - check the Politics and Government forum :)

(Mods, move this if you see fit?)

4. Re: Police bike waiting at end of Domain tunnel this evening

Ooo errr! :wink:

5. Re: Police bike waiting at end of Domain tunnel this evening

you beat me to it :p

6. Re: Police bike waiting at end of Domain tunnel this evening

He was touching his helmet as I rode past.

7. Re: Police bike waiting at end of Domain tunnel this evening

Don't say helmet, say "special place".

8. Re: Police bike waiting at end of Domain tunnel this evening

classic.. off topic.. kind of. up here in sh_tme there has been a large number of coppers hiding in bushes and so on lately.. for those of you who know the F3 and more particually the big dipper as you head up to mount colah there has been a little fella in the bushes only on weekends though for a few months now.. never mon to fri but always early weekends.. maybe someone got the sh_ts at the fact that when some of us head out for a southbound ride we are so happy about a clear freeway that we may wander just above the 110...we tend to wave and smile nowadays..

9. Re: Police bike waiting at end of Domain tunnel this evening

My apologies, as I rode past I did think to myself "What a Lady's special place"

10. I bet he gives great helmet!

(Thanks Mr Brooks)