Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

N/A | National Police abort chases minutes before they come across the rider in other countries as well

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' at netrider.net.au started by Ljiljan, May 24, 2012.

1. Stumbled on this one. Video from Sweden. An unmarked police car chases an Yamaha R1 -01. Seems like the police doesn´t use their sirens. The driver of the police car was later charged for not obey order. 6.34 he receives the order to abort the pursuit. The officer driving the police car was later sentenced to pay a ticket, 19.000 SEK (€ 2000 // $ 2850). The reason was he didn´t obey order to abort pursuit and he didn´t had the permission to cut the bike off.

2. Worst riding ever" California super bike school for you my friend

3. is it just me or is that guy a pretty crap rider

4. i did like the little slip in front of the round about thats how u loose a copper

5. have to wonder if the police should be allowed to have cars.
    and certainly not unmarked cars.
    more often a threat to public safety than not.

6. Doesn't look like that guy has ridden too many times before. The wrong way round the round about manouvre was very dodgy, IMO cops should have given up there.

7. Holy crap that was full on....

Is it just me or when he hit the fence...sorry demolished the fence, the bike starts to leak what I'd assume to be water from the radiator...looks like the there's something on the rear tyre, the cops even use their windscreen wipers to wash off what has hit their windscreen.....after that bike blows steam/smoke, slips/slides a little more.....

Still, the rider had no chance of getting away with that gutsy display of awesome riding....even if they did stop the pursuit my bet is the guy would've been so full of adrenalin he'd have kept it going until he either got home or crashed....and it was always looking like it would end in tears...

8. I'm wondering if this is a serious question?

Please Mr Policeman, run after the man who killed my daddy and then stole his car.

The situation above is slightly different. Our unmarked police cars have use of lights and sirens and I suspect so did they, but for some reason they chose not to use them though. Maybe a better question is should unmarked cars be doing first contact of a road user. Departments of policing that have nothing to do with road rule enforcement should have access to unmarked cars imo.

In all honesty I don't have much issue with hwp driving unmarked cars, as long as they use sirens when required and not just their horn and a battering ram.

9. #9 jag131990, May 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2015
    Is it just me or did they completely provoke this guy by riding his ass at the round about.. watching their driving leading up to this they do 150km/h in and around traffic for no apparent reason. Dodgey cops

10. #10 smileedude, May 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2015
    I assume they knew the rider was up ahead. There was no indication as to why they decided to pull them over, which leads me to believe they had been seen earlier and the cops had to finish their doughnuts or perhaps it was a stolen bike with a gps locater.

11. Would you stop for a car which in your mirrors looks like any everyday, run of the mill car? After the car has ridden your tail, done high speeds just to catch up to you and starts blocking your path?? In those small split second decisions you make do you think I'll stop, they might just be policemen, or do you think that some turkey is out to get you.

Couple of years ago a friend of mine was driving home on the freeway (western side of Melbourne) he's speeding... a car fast approaches in his mirrors, not a police car just a car that tailgates him for a couple of minutes then starts honking on his horn and flashes his lights at my mate. My friend looks in his mirrors and the guy makes a pull over gesture. My friend thinks to himself (he's got a very dodgy past) its not a cop or I'd have lights and sirens and what not, could be someone out to get me or needing help. At that moment the driver behind him changes lanes speeds up to be right next to him and holds a cardboard to his window that says, "Police, Pull Over"!!

At this my mate just flips him the bird, speeds up significantly, looses him and drives home thinking, who the **** was that? I might have avoided a robbery, or some old foe wanting revenge!! Now, the best part was that no sooner had he pulled on to his driveway, about 6 police cars and a dozen cops pounce on him and he is arrested for Running from the police and what not. Turns out the guy was a off duty police office!! The guy was given bail on the condition he had to show up every week to sign and stuff. Luckily for him 2 months later when the case was heard by a judge his case was thrown out for stupidity by the cops (card board sign).

So i ask you again... what would you do?

12. What the frig is an off duty police officer doing pulling someone over for speeding? Granted if someone was comitting a robbery or something I could understand an off duty taking action, but for speeding? The cop would never be able to drive anywhere.

13. Ride to the nearest police station. CYA if the road-raging hoon really is a cop, gets him off your ass if he isn't.

On second thoughts, I don't know where any police stations are. So rather than stop and ask for directions I'd just get the F outa there.

14. Wow. Bad riding, but apalling display of policing too. Sounds like the driver was almost showing off to a new recruit.

"Do you want to go fast". WTF?

15. Ahh.. but don't you know cops never go off duty!! I honestly don't know mate!! My mate was harassed never the less. Being arrested in spectacular fashion (his house looked like a scene from a movie apparently), having to post bail and best of all Going into the station every frigging week at exactly the same time to sign in, for two friggin months!!

Easier said than done my friend when you are on a bike and been road raged or whatever. I for one am high tailing it out of there, remember they are in a cage and you are in a bike!! On the off chance of that someone being a crazy lunatic wanting to kill a biker, I'm gonna put as much distance possible between his cage and me!!!!

16. This was about 20 years ago but one night riding home in Liverpool (UK) a guy in a 3 series BMW pulled up along side me and started waving his arm a me to stop. I did the same thing and just bolted and admittedly I bolted as fast as a ZZR600 can go. I get a few miles down the road and half of Liverpool police have the road blocked off because the on duty copper who just happened to be driving his own car for what ever reason had radioed ahead. I pulled over cause it was the real cops and then the BMW turns up. The cop ranted and raved at me and I was detained at the scene. It was only when a senior officer turned up and decided this traffic stop had been the biggest train wreck he'd ever seen and told me to get on my way.

I dont think something like this would happen today but thats my story from 20 years ago.

17. If a car can overtake you around the outside of a corner easily, you're doing something wrong...

18. You can make fun of the guy's riding as much as you want, but I will raise my hand and say I probably would not be upright after demolishing a fence like he did.