Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Pointless anniversaries

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by hornet, Aug 15, 2005.

1. Apropos of nothing in particular, today is the 37th anniversary of the day I got my car license. There, you can all get on with your day now, happy in that knowledge! (Who is he kiddding, like anyone cares :p )
    Which does prompt, though, do you remember days and dates and events like this??? Surely I'm not the only geek who remembers the day he got his P plates? :wink:

2. 20th March 1970
  3. 25 August 1969.
  4. 9/9/99 (no joke!)
  5. 14/2/82
  6. Wednesday 12 June 1996. Also 18th b'day.
  7. 8-12-88..............
  8. Saturday 21-Dec-77.

Now if I can just remember where I left my glasses and coffee....
  9. 09/01/1999... I feel so old! :(
  10. 22/5/05... the day after my birthday :p
  11. i've got no idea when i got my drivers licence, i'm looking to the future. off restrictions on 28/6/06 :wink:
  12. 1982 feb 8th - i was 15 years old at the time - bike legal in S.A.
  13. N, I only try and remember things like when I got married...:oops:...
  14. BUT...... Do you remember THAT date???
  15. Yep, I got married on armistice day so every time people wear poppies, I know that it's coming round again...:LOL:...
  16. Should I make the link between the German surrender, and your's on the same day, or has that already come up for mention???
  17. Yep, she's know as The Minister for War and Finance and I surrendered (to her charms...:LOL:...trying to score points here) ten years ago.