Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

PM's

Discussion in 'Site Announcements' at netrider.net.au started by vic, Oct 26, 2006.

1. Folks,
    It has been bought to my attention that some people are sending unsolicited PM's to other forum members inviting them to join other forums.

Do I have a problem with people using our existing members to boost their forum numbers?.....................nope, not really, after all, we are all about connecting riders.

Then why the need for this message I hear you ask.......

Well, I absolutely loath unsolicited messages of this nature.

Make no mistake of it, the offenders will have their accounts altered and their ability to send PM's disabled. If they whinge then I don't care if they have been members since day 1, I will remove their accounts.

Folks, please, if anyone PM's you with these types of messages, let me know, you will remain annonymous I can assure you.

Thanks

2. Any particular forum being touted, Vic ?? Some you have to have an invite to, you know :LOL:

3. no one invites me to anything

4. awwwwwwww :(
    I'll invite u to be my friend :grin:
    :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :grin: :grin: :) :roll:

5. Just don't do it in a PM... :grin:

6. lol - I better not :grin: :shock:

7. There is no need for me to name names, I don't operate like that.

But I see your attempt at humour there Paul, I'm pretty serious about this, sorry for not smiling

8. :grin: couldnt resist Vic :wink:
    and no,for those of you wondering,I aint PM,d sh*t

9. Now I am scared :eek:hno:

No worries on the heads up Vic, fair enough too I reckon. :deal:

10. +1 - hope you catch them :twisted:

Matti - well it was only an invitation :( :shock: :grin: :roll: :)

Vic - Is it possible to trace them through the number of PMs sent in a day?

11. ahhh quadruple posts!

12. pm's can be read.
    i believe it is admins policy never to read them (from a post in another thread)
    so answering eviloolivers question, tracing is more than possible, but not probable.

it seems the majority of folks here see the issue and why its a little rude....and fair enough too.

13. you can't give it a rest can you?

Ever wonder why YOU are not allowed in some other forums?

14. c'mon, smee, lighten up, Vic thought it was funny

15. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

16. If anyone PM's me at dinner time I will be P#SSED :evil: and do my usual trick of handing it over to my 5yr old! :LOL:

Oh, and don't dare PM me from India or Pakistan!

17. this is good to see, it is highly annoying to recive spam in PM's those who join solely for promoting their own sites or business :? by spaming members of this site by pm should get all thats coming to them.

ive seen many businesses close down PM functions all together due to the spammers. When they did that there was some negitive effects for a short time, but soon proper channels of communication were opened up for more efficent coms.

18. I'm not Vic

19. Is there some sort of secret forum we (I!) should know about?

20. "its not vic you're talking to here, its smee" :rofl:

i couldnt help it.....please delete this post :grin: