Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Plenty Road Preston - Big fukkin hole

Discussion in 'Hazardous Road Condition Reports' started by Seedy, Mar 30, 2012.

1. The road has always been dodgy outside the tram depot in Plenty Road, Preston... but one of the particularly nasty holes has gotten bigger by the looks of it. I'm talking fuckoff big... big as a sportsbike tyre big. If you hit it at night it would not be pretty. Probably wouldn't be pretty during the day either.

If you are riding near the tram depot heading south stick in the left lane away from the tram tracks. Does anyone know who I should report this to? (Vicroads or Yarra Trams?) Will probably contact both anyway, just curious.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Vic Roads, Ring 13 11 70

Motorcyclists can call the above telephone number at any time to report road conditions and give suggestions for improvement on any road in Victoria.

The Road Condition Reporting Line is an initiative of VicRoads and the Victorian Motorcycle Advisory Council. It gives motorcyclists the opportunity to assist VicRoads and Councils in maintaining Victoria's roads and helps to improve road conditions for all road users. It can be called 24 hours a day.

The same telephone number is to be used for traffic signal difficulties or faults, ie 13 11 70.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Don't ya love forum users who ignore stickies.

Thanks cjvfr
  4. (I have also posted this in the contacts sticky)

Just found out that any road damage directly touching tram lines is not the responsibility of Vicroads.

Yarra Trams road hazards - 1800 800 166
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Thanks for the heads up - I travel that way daily.

Didn't notice the hole today but I was in the left lane.