Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

PLEASE sign this Petition...

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by felixtimlock, Mar 15, 2006.

1. If you sign the petition please send it to friends...it might make a difference... (see signature for link)

Reform Victorian Motorcycle Learner Laws  	 	
    Category: Roads & Transport
    Region: AU
    Web-site: [url]http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&safe=off&q=motorcycle+learner+laws+vacc&btnG=Search&meta=cr%3D[/url]
    March 12, 2006
    Review Change of Victorian Motorcycle Learner Laws are a long time coming.
    We need to update our laws to suit current conditions. Other States of Australia use the LAM (Learner Approved Motorcycle)- this is power-to-weight ratio rather than the archiac 260cc (cubic centimeter) and under law currently enforced in Victoria.
    This system has no loopholes that allow learners to buy racing replicas, but at the same time allows learners to buy sensible first motorcycles. For in depth information see the first 2 links on the 'Related Website' link.
    Thanks for reading.
  2. Does this post adhere to the TOC of the group?
    first time poster spamming a petition?
  3. I think every victorian would be happy to sign. Give him a break smee.
  4. If you're even vaugely serious about this, can I suggest that jamming your thumb up your hole would achieve more than an online petition.

Write a letter and then encourage others to follow your lead. It's far more effective. :wink: I totally agree with your position (plus my trade in value would go up) but I won't sign your petition. :)
  5. Online petitions do diddly squat.
    I'm very much against first time posters coming in here with an agenda being an ad for sale or spamming a petition site
    regardless of the intention.
    It's just bad mannered.
    No dofferent to sopmeone I don't know knocking on my door to sign a petition or rinign my house with a telephone poll.
    it's just ruude.
  6. Plus it means no 2 fiddy aprilia screamers on your L's. And where's the fun in that?
  7. I'll support this AFTER I sell my Spada :p
  8. Whether the first time poster/petition thing is right or not (I tend to agree with smee) the fact is that Victoria would do well at least to examine the success or LAMS in NSW. A learner/probationary rider being able to ride an older, simpler Kawa 650, for example, surely can't be a bad thing.....

(And the board of directors at Hyosung would do handsprings on their front lawn :LOL: )
  9. Ahem yeah, I've got Cheng's Across to flog once she's off her restrictions.

No signy for me!

10. I've got my Across to sell when I get around to upgrading.

No signee here either!
  11. That's the other thing.
    Alol those 250 buyers who bought their bikes for a price (250's are way overpriced) will find it difficult to sell them for at least a reasonable price if lams comes in.
  12. LAMS is a great idea.
  13. I see a lot of objections to the LAMs law mainly becauuse people wan't top dollar for there 250cc bike. Not a bad reason but it takes forever to pass a law like LAMs so you will have more then enough time to sell your bikes.
    I am all for it and have signed at least felixtimlock is doing something.
    Seems like some people are more intrested in bike values then the good of motorcycling for all.
  14. For the record my comment was in jest. The others I don't think oppose it, just wont support it until they flog off their twofiddies. I personally can't see what the big problem is, I see LAMs as a nicety, nothing more. Perhaps somebody could explain to me other than the financial reasons why the current situation is so bad?