Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Please review my map

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' at netrider.net.au started by oohsam, Sep 12, 2008.

1. Hey all,
    Here is a trip im about to send to my tomtom for a ride with the boys. Basically the only bit im Iffy about is the point between Yea and Marysville via GInter Break road. I've never travelled it. Anyone know of it.

Or alternitavley if anyone can advise a good route from yea to marysville. Maroondah hwy is a bit booring...

cheers.

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=d&...,145.3444&sspn=0.029819,0.077248&ie=UTF8&z=14

2. Ginter Road is dirt. The section we did of it last week was fine for road bikes, but I suggest that anything beyond where we rode from will be tricky on a roadie. We're doing a lot of Adventure riding practice through the Black Ranges because it is so challenging and varied for us. We ride KLRs with knobbies....

When I had the roadie, I would go into Molesworth, cut through to Maroondah on Whanregarwen Road. All sealed only light traffic, just watch for stock on the roads and a section in the middle that narrows a bit with no lines that some vehicles use the middle of the road on low vis corners.

Turn right at the end, head down Maroondah, then turn left at Buxton for Marysville (signed) for some fast sweepers.

Your link didn't work for me....

3. thanks so much for the heads up. I've updated it as per your instructions.
    Really appreciate it!
    cheers.

4. No probs. Pretty much anything directly north of Healesville and south of the W road is pretty much 4WD and trailbike territory. There are some reasonable dirt roads, but not many :wink: