Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Platewatch: WL121

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by tunaranch, Jan 27, 2006.

1. Hi all.

I got myself a new set of plates issues, so I can write about the old one here.

If you see a bike with the plate WL 121, that's my old plate, which has been reported to the cops as lost/stolen. Please report the sighting to the cops if you see it.

2. hmmm... i lost my plate yesterday sometime... I noticed that it had cracked where the right hand screw was holding it on... then yesterday i noticed it was completely gone... whoops!

I rode like a maniac today... tsk tsk...

well as much as one can on a 250 cruiser!
  3. Hope I didn't jinx you cos I mentioned exactly the bit about plates cracking in this thread https://netrider.net.au/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14957&highlight=

It does pay to check them occasionally and if necessary mount them on a piece of reinforcing backing material, cos its just a nuisance if you lose them.
  4. Good luck with your new plates :)

Most of the time I also park 'under-bridge', Gardens Point.
  5. Had a plate stolen once. I told em I wanted the same plate back.

Kept the paperwork under the seat. In the 6 weeks it took my new plate to be made I rode everywhere :) Got stopped once. Waved the paperwork at em. They didnt even glance at it.. said "OK" and went on their way :)
  6. Yeah, the cop who came over said it would be okay to ride around, gave me his card and stuff, but I didn't want the inconvenience of being pulled over. Or the attention from the rest of the populace. And I do like my new plate better.

Oh and , interesting development: Just got off the horn with a co-worker who said he saw the plate hanging on with one corner on wednesday, but forgot to tell me about. So in all likelihood it's probably on the road somewhere :/ I wonder if this is a problem with XV250's in general, as demuire's one also tried to do a runner a while ago.