Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Plastic Welding - For Beer/other

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by Jez79, Jul 16, 2007.

1. Hi All,

Wanted to ask if anyone could help with a small plastic weld job in return for beers or other.

I have been reading about plastic welding and how to do it but I think I'm still not ready to try it. On the 2 tail pieces of my 99 srad, the points have been cracked off (middle connector piece is fine). I've found a second set of the tail pieces with points in tact so I want to cut the points off and weld them onto my original fairing (my originals are in better condition and paint scheme matches).

I've attached a picture of the spare fairings i've found and shown roughly where they need to be cut. I have soldering iron, and there will be plenty of plastic from the spare fairings to use as filler.

Happy to travel if anyone can help me out or even just supervise??

Thanks in advance, Jez79.

2. Other could have all sorts of meanings.

I did my own using a heat gun. There's a knack to it but a heat gun is worth about $40
  3. I dont drink but id be happy to help out if you bring them over to tullamarine
  4. Gday, all sorted now, just wanted to send a Massive thanks to Troy @ Motorcycle Crash Repairs in Tulla! He helped me and did a highly professional job. Would highly recommend to anyone who needs any work done with plastic welding or other accident work. Thanks again Buddy!
  5. So wot was the Other that u had to pay Jez79????????