Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Featured Plasti dip

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by James H, May 17, 2015.

1. I'm not too sure if this is the right forum but I'm wondering are there any reliable but reasonably affordable shops in Sydney that will plasti dip a motorcycle? Just want a bit of a new look and something cheaper than buying all new fairings, any help would be appreciated :)

2. Hi James.

I have been looking at the plasti dip business myself.

From what I can gather, and I may well be totally wrong, you buy a can of spray-on plasti-dip, pull a section of fairing off the bike, spray it, and see what it looks like.

If it is totally rat-shit, you just peel it off.

If it looks good, you get another can and do another section of fairing.

You could pay a good spray painter to do the job, but then you'd probably want real paint.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Yeah that is true, saves you paying for the labour but I dunno, I'd feel a lot safer with a professional doing it, I guess the best thing to do is get a couple of quotes for paint and plasti dip but thanks :)
  4. Plasti-dip is reversible by peeling it off, paint isn't.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Why the hell would you pay someone to use plasti-dip. It's reversible for a reason, as long as the surface is clean it's piss easy to do. End of the day it's just a spray can, same shit as spraying deodorant or spraying cooking oil.

Man up and do it yourself, will cost us $30 for a can and maybe a few hours of your time.
  6. #6 xryda, May 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2015
    my fairings are pretty ratshit (last owner). would i be correct is saying you need to bog all deep scratches as if you are painting? i have not researched it yet. i was going to eventually respray my bike but plasti-dip does look nice

ok i just looked it up. looks like there is such a thing as a stupid question :banghead: