Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Planning a ride - route advise.

Discussion in 'NSW' started by Sir Skuffy, Oct 16, 2012.

1. Hello NSW riders.

I am "planning" a ride between xmas and new years - details in the EOI Ride planning section - https://netrider.net.au/forums/showthread.php?t=136649

The plan is to ride from Geelong to Walcha (for 2 nights) and play around the Oxley and similar roads. Now, I know some of the roads in the area and its been a few years (3 maybe 4) since I have ridden up that way.

So, I need some advise based on the roads I want to ride and then routes in-between that might be worth doing.......Mac Pass, Thunderbolt, Oxley.

Appreciate any feedback.
  2. Melbourne-Tathra-Batemans Bay-Bungendore-Goulburn-Bathurst (Mt Panorama )-Kandos- Bylong -Denman-Gloucester-Walcha. About 1700 kms one way. Good trip
  3. Thnak you. Looks like an interesting route. I have never been to Bathurst.

Silly question, but is the "course" part of the roadways and can people ride the circuit?
  4. Yes you can ride the entire track. 60 zone the whole way round.
  5. Great. thanks for that.

Looks like I have my day 2 planned route.
  6. If you are keen to do Jamberoo or Maquarie Pass the you can proceed from Robertson -Bowral- Picton (Old Hume Hwy )-Narellan-Windsor - Putty Rd-Singleton-Dungog - Gloucester- Walcha. On such a long ride there are lots of good options.
  7. Putty road, Yeaaah,
  8. :(

Looks like I am booked into Bright with the family again. I will keep these suggested routes and do them another time. Just have to take the bike to Bright we me again. :)

Thanks and sorry to waste people time
  9. Hey Mitch, if you DO come up my way don't you dare not drop in
  10. I will my friend - 100% guaranteed.

I will still do this ride however I might shorten it and based the trip around spending some time south of NSW and spend some time playing on Mac Pass. :)
  11. Nowra to Neriga is worth including.
  12. Yes. :)

(And two-way traffic, too, though most people orbit the track in the 'correct' direction. Best not to cut the right-hand turns all the same)