Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Plank Help

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by solidsk8, Aug 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi,

Today at aprox 7:40am on my way to work a piece of timber appeared in front of me from underneath a car on ipswich road, moorooka.

As I am not superman and my reaction time wasn't up to the challenge I hit the plank and my front wheel was thrown up into the air (Yay biggest mono ever on my lil 250).

I managed to keep the bike up right and pulled over to inspect the damage but damn my foot was caining.

The timber was flung straight into my toes at 60km/h so I gotta go to the doctors today, hurts like hell - that'll teach me to wear my motorcycle boots.

The front wheel has decent dent in it and now needs replacing. Luckily the motorcycle mechanics were only a couple of hundred meters away from where it happened.

So it's gonna cost me about $1000 for a new wheel plus a bit for barings and labour.

I just want to know if I'm gonna have to foot the bill as AAMI said I can make a claim but would be 'at fault' cause I don't have the details of the vehicle who dropped the timber (excess is $1200 so theres no point). Is there anyway to make someone else pay for some stupid idiots securing things to vehicle skills. I thought since it's not my fault the plank was dropped I would just be able to make a claim not at fault and pay only $500 excess.

My employer should cover any medical expenses.

2. no-fault means being able to identify the other guy. Read your policy.

perhaps - call workcover.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.